Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy

Options

Comments

• bettyboon
    Options
    The customer service is appalling and I wish I had never signed up to this company. The bills arrive nearly a month late every time. I have had a problem with my meter and I have waited in twice now for someone to come out and check it but they do not arrive. The staff appear to be very young and untrained. Basically they say anything just to get customers off the phone in my opinion.
  • PhilJH1
    Options
    Without doubt the worst company of any sort that I have had to deal with. I started my contract in June and Together decided to use a meter reading for my gas which was much lower than the end meter reading for my previous supplier NPower. The NPower reading was the correct one, meaning Together had overcharged me in excess of £100. 16 (sixteen) phone calls later in which delay, prevarication and downright lies were deployed in equal measure we are no further towards a resolution. I've sent emails to the complaints resolution team and have had no replies, I have opened 2 complaints from which I have had no communication back on. The case is now open with the ombudsman and I wait to see if they can pressure them in to actually acknowledging that they have to resolve this.
  • olisun
    olisun Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JamesCG26 wrote: »
    No final bill from TE but with my workings out they owe my like £68.

OFTM have said they have disputed the opening reading but in my view TE have inflated the closing reading to avoid having to refund me.

I am in a similar position.

I switched in September and after the switch TE continued taking money via DD for the next 2 months. They only cancelled the DD after I called them.

They refunded me one of the amounts and have kept hold of the second one plus they have the money for September.

I have called them numerous times and also sent emails (no response to emails as yet) and each time I was told that the final bill will be generated manually soon.

I think they are hoping people can give up so they can pocket the cash (probably take the administration route)
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    I’m beginning to think I was lucky to get out a bit earlier with my cash.
    Good luck people !
  • dag33
    Options
    If you want lies, delays, more lies, more delays, inaccurate bills, incompetent infrastructure, shambles of an online portal, inability to take/process meter reading, more lies, more delays, 30+ minute on hold each time, no calls back as promised, more lies, more delays THEN please feel free to be tempted by their tariff....

If, however, you want and expect a modicum of competency and even a scintilla of customer service from your energy supplier THEN DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE SHYSTERS!

A complete and utter shambles from start to finish, thankfully I am now free from them with my tariff ending, however it has taken weeks to get a final bill (despite me sending numerous final reading emails, and 10+ phone calls), they owed me north of £1000 and it has taken even longer to get my money back, with hours wasted chasing them. AVOID!
  • pknottm
    pknottm Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Suppliers have to use their reasonable efforts to raise a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply. To raise a Final Bill, the losing supplier needs industry-verified readings from the gaining supplier. The validation process normally takes about 10 to 14 days. Ask your new supplier whether validated readings have been passed to your old supplier.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/

What's the best way of getting a final bill from Together Energy?
    They ignore all my emails and phone calls (I'm always very polite).

My new supplier have confirmed they have received validated reading "we can confirm that both the gas and electricity meter readings has been validated by the Industry on 25th October 2018, and your previous suppliers should have been notified of this."

I have calculated they owe me approx £80 but it's proving impossible to get this back. I can't get a resolution from them as they just ignore me.
    What's the best way forward with this?

Thanks.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pknottm wrote: »
    What's the best way of getting a final bill from Together Energy?

You need to allow 6 weeks from when the switch actually occured for the supplier to produce a final bill.

After that, the usual contact methods are best adopted; contact methods as disclosed on their website

If you still have cause for concern, then I suggest you follow the suppllier's complaint procedure, which is also available on their website
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 December 2018 at 8:43AM
    Options
    Hi, my account was settled direct with Together 3 months ago and I received my due refund. I have today received an email from a company called Oposlimited purporting to be acting on behalf of Together Energy, demanding settlement of a final bill (£128). Anyone else had this, I’m presuming their data has been hacked.

Addition 12/12/18 - Had a retraction email today !!!!!!! They dont get any better do they!
  • pknottm
    pknottm Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    You need to allow 6 weeks from when the switch actually occured for the supplier to produce a final bill.

After that, the usual contact methods are best adopted; contact methods as disclosed on their website

If you still have cause for concern, then I suggest you follow the suppllier's complaint procedure, which is also available on their website
    The switch was started in September and completed in October, so longer than 6 weeks ago.
    I've tried ringing and emailing but getting absolutely nowhere. I can't actually get through to them to make a complaint.

I'm guessing I'll have to contact citizens advice before ofgem.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After reading the last couple of pages, I'm getting extremely depressed as OFGEM , in their infinite wisdom, have declared Together Energy as S.O.L.R for the 36,000 hapless souls who were with One Select when it collapsed - and unfortunately I'm one of them:eek:
    How long is it going to take them to obtain/agree credit balances carried over from One Select - and how long to set up accounts so that we can escape?:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback