Free and Cheap Wills discussion area

Options

Comments

• dugidee
    dugidee Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not always right, but best to follow your instincts?
    Did not go to a solicitor in the end, because the one I did go to could not answer straightforward questions about inheritance tax implications.
    Looking at the news today, about the huge trade in cloned passports, predominantly priduced using photocopies of real ones, I undoubtedly did the right thing. On reflection, too many people with vested interests contributing here!
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2018 at 6:49PM
    Options
    dugidee wrote: »
    Not always right, but best to follow your instincts?
    Did not go to a solicitor in the end, because the one I did go to could not answer straightforward questions about inheritance tax implications.
    Looking at the news today, about the huge trade in cloned passports, predominantly priduced using photocopies of real ones, I undoubtedly did the right thing. On reflection, too many people with vested interests contributing here!
    That is a pretty sweeping statement and as is often the case with them very wide of the mark. Exactly who do think has vested interests in recommending that a solicitor should be used? If a solicitor cannot answer a simple question on IHT then you should be complaining to the firm using their complaints procedure. Exactly what was the question? To the inexperienced it may seem simple but in actual fact be complex. IHT is not the simple subject you think it is. It would be interesting to know who you went to for advice instead.
  • dugidee
    dugidee Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    'IHT is not the simple subject you think it is'! Oh, begging your pardon your honour, your 2:2 obviously makes you a superior animal. Perhaps if I asked a learned gentleman or lady to explain it REALLY slowly for me I might understand a little about it.
    I note that you sidestepped the original point I was making, about cloned passports being produced using the information obtained from the photocopies that solicitors insist on taking.
    Thankfully solicitors, along with undertakers and estate agents, are now being revealed for what they are.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    'IHT is not the simple subject you think it is'! Oh, begging your pardon your honour, your 2:2 obviously makes you a superior animal. Perhaps if I asked a learned gentleman or lady to explain it REALLY slowly for me I might understand a little about it.
    I note that you sidestepped the original point I was making, about cloned passports being produced using the information obtained from the photocopies that solicitors insist on taking.
    Thankfully solicitors, along with undertakers and estate agents, are now being revealed for what they are.

Could you take your tinfoil hat of for a moment, and provide some evidence for your sweeping statements.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2018 at 12:07PM
    Options
    I am reminded of Mathew 12:37. Your own words show a deep seated prejudice against solicitors, undertakers and estate agents which confirms that rational discussion with you on this subject, and probably any other is pointless. Please don.t clutter up this forum with any more posts.
  • Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options

Yep, exactly what they are: solicitors, undertakers and estate agents!
  • Keep_pedalling
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Only one? What happens if your executor dies before you or isn't capable when you die?

Weren't you advised to have a back-up executor?

I doubt the poster received any advise, looks like spam to me.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I doubt the poster received any advise, looks like spam to me.

I've deleted the quote in case it's spam.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Just click the spam butoon as I have already.
  • Drinkws
    Options
    And my post is still live...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family