Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Donate your old bras ....

Comments

• Great idea, only today my mum suprised me with 4 new bra's in the post...except they're all the wrong size! oh well she tried. Glad they will come in use for someone who needs thems more than I do.

Hx

Bra-vo Bra-vo!
  • crutches
    crutches Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    thanks,my teenagers seem to change sizes in minutes!
    Every day above ground is a good one ;)
  • Hinni
    Hinni Posts: 69 Forumite
    Fab idea! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Bra's will be posted this weekend!
  • KatieKins
    KatieKins Posts: 443 Forumite
    Just awful isn't it, to think that some people have so little and these things we take for granted and even chuck in the bin without a second thought.

I can always find a good excuse for a clearout! Thanks OP for bringing this to light - it's certainly something I have never thought about before
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    At last...
    I remember seeing an appeal about this ages ago, but it flew past me and i couldnt get any info....so "thankyou" and as luck would have it i have not long since received 6 brand new bras via e-bay...
    I was attempting to save money...should have known it was a bad idea..They were about £3 each...as a "well upholstered" individual only evans are usually the right proportions for me...but objecting to payin £25+ for a bra i thought id try ...wooops- i know i have big assets but i dont want them dividing into 8 as these bras sem to do LOL..
    So in despair i went on the Evans website....ohhh yes they had just had a new stock of the seemless tee shirt bras in....@ £10 each - buy 2 and save £5...so £7.50 each..plus 10% off for having a card...there is a god..so i ended up buying 4...oops..but im sure you other large girls know how hard it is to get Tee shirt bras...what a bargain
    Anyway..enough rambling ... i will sort out and add any other bras i dont wear to them and get them posted off...
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've finally got round to filling up a bag of bras to donate today..and thought I would bump this thread at the same time.

Like some of the other posters have said I am ashamed at how many unworn bras I have. My preferred style is the Gossard satin one for the 'larger cup' and I was paying over £25 each even in the sales. So I kept buying 'look a likes' getting them home and hating them, and leaving them in a drawer. I finally added up that all those unworn bras had actually cost me more than it would have cost to buy some decent fitting Gossard ones. I've just splashed out on figleaves (with a discount voucher from RPOints) and restocked in my favourite style..so will donate the unworn ones to this great appeal.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • daisyboo
    daisyboo Posts: 173 Forumite
    Hi just to let people know, that your donations really do make a diffence. I am part of the charity who the bras are being donated too. They are going to the new hope childrens centre in Kenya where myself and 9 friends are visiting shorlty (6 more sleeps!)

Most of the goods were shipped out today to coincide with our arrival. Once ther they will be distributed to the girls and other women in the local community. On behalf of our team and all those in Kenya We would just like to say a big THANK YOU
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks, Liz. My DSister is a breastfeeding counsellor. Will pass the link on to her.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Bibendum
    Bibendum Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    Off to check my drawers...I know I have some lurking there.
  • lilmiss
    lilmiss Posts: 847 Forumite
    "One project worker explained how they tried to squeeze a 'well endowed' young woman into a training bra and it wasn't ideal!!"

Why did they do that??. I mean even if they went to their local Charity shop they might find new Bra's the right size. Squishing her into a bra SOOOOO small, is doing more harm then good :confused:

Cool link, though, thanks :kisses3:
    ~ lilmiss ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family