Is it time to change the accountant?

I am a LTD director and pay myself a salary of circa 12k PA.

I have received a tax code notification from HMRC in the summer who gave me some weird tax code with the annual tax free allowance of circa 6k.

When I have rang them and queried that I was told this is because according to their records I had two employments with the same company.

After ringing various HMRC departments I was told that the issue is that there were duplicated payroll entries which make it look that I get two salaries.

I have gone back to the accountant and asked her to sort it out and she said she would but last week I got another letter from HMRC for the tax code for 2019/20 and it is a wrong one again. They also assume my income is 26k PA.

I don't know if it is a major or a minor thing and if I should be looking for another accountant as I am paying £50 pm just to get the payslips and I feel there shouldn't be any issues like this.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I would get the accountant to sort out this problem and when they have sorted it out, then decide weither to sack them or not.
  • Mishomeister
    Mishomeister Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mistral001 wrote: »
    I would get the accountant to sort out this problem and when they have sorted it out, then decide weither to sack them or not.

Well my concern really is that they had since the summer to sort it out and despite assuring that they would they did not.
    I am concerned what impact can this all make on me as I may have the child tax credit cut because HMRC assumes I earn more than I actually do.
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Well my concern really is that they had since the summer to sort it out and despite assuring that they would they did not.
    I am concerned what impact can this all make on me as I may have the child tax credit cut because HMRC assumes I earn more than I actually do.

Ask them why they have not dealt with it? Pursue it until you get an answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure