What small DFW things will you do w/c 5th November?

Comments

• allydowd wrote: »
    You do know that there have been 543 views of this thread already?! Could get crowded....:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

The more the merrier! I do love how you have put exactly that number of smilies Ally! :rotfl:
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • Morning guys :D jeez those smilies are bus on the eye ally!

browneyed_girl that is sad for you. My son has decided not to spend the last 3 Christmas' at ours. I understand the hurt it can bring. But you know any good time we have is about the people we are with. In your situation I would allow myself to feel sad about the situation and then get on with it and make it the best day you can. Sadly we can't pick our family so have to just accept them x

I'm chuffed as I went back to SW yesterday. First time in 6 weeks and I've managed to stay at my target weight :j despite not overly sticking with the plan all the time :T

Today I'm working so not much to be said! I will:

* checked banking
    * submit expenses & ot
    * B/L/D from stores - made last night after yesterday's waking up late horror. Don't want to be in that situation again :eek:
    * quick shower
    * load up wm and put timer on for after work
    * go swimming if I manage to get out early
    * onepoll
    * try to get a drs appt
    * read book & knit

That's all I think. 2 more days and then I'm off again :j
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Ccl sending hugs, you've gone through so much, and u will get through this but there is nothing worse than when everything goes wrong all at the same time

Brown Eyed_girl I'm sorry to hear about your Christmas family situation esp when you extended the invitations so early. My DD have the opposite problem, we are having a forced family Christmas which we hate and another family member is having to come over and spend Christmas with us to help with the situation as the situation is becoming worse every year. But DD and I have found ways round enjoying Christmas beforehand, I'm sure with all the extra savings and preparation you have done u will have a fantastic Christmas.

Still not masses going on here.
    Being very good and checking banking every day.
    All left overs being used up, slow cooker has been put to good use.
    Decluttering has stopped. DD is home and brought stuff with her! So some bits have gone on eBay

DD and I went to our local garden centre Christmas opening at the weekend. We bought a few bits as there was 20% off and I also had £6 in vouchers off our main spend and a voucher for my tea for free. Really enjoyed it as I don't get to spend so much time with DD with her being away at uni so it was a lovely day. DD came home all smiles, she loves the Christmas prep.

Still don't know if living room will be decorated for Christmas, still saving up and it's time aswell.DD not bothered, have a chair still in packaging, no settees but the tree will still be going up. If I can just get packing more things up then we will be ready to start in January. That the plan! Have only just got the hall ceiling sorted which was about to collapse because of leaks springing up everywhere

Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 November 2018 at 5:27PM
    Good morning all!

It's made me feel very happy reading all the supportive threads on here this morning. I'm so happy to be part of such a kind and supportive group of folks :)
    Ally - that is a lot of dodgy hug love right there :D

ccl - you are much stronger than you know! Try freegle for a WM - you might hit lucky. You deserve some good luck xxx

lots of bits for me to do today:
    • B/L from stores. Might go out for dinner today as OH has been eyeing up emails from Yo Sushi - done
    • Dinner out? If not, have plenty to rustle up - OH says out
    • Ring hairdressers to book Dec appointment before they all go - done. Blimey that was close - almost couldn't get one! Damn my hairdresser is popular!
    • Use mooncup instead of tonnes of sanitary products - done
    • Book flu jab as company will pay. See if OH wants one while I'm at it. - done
    • Make sure timesheets up to date as have some overtime - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Alcohol only within planned limits
    • No sugar! I have a friend in work to cold turkey with now - am resisting large boxes of celebrations and heroes in work! And now birthday cake!!
    • Heating off
    • OH to do housework?
    • Add yeast to shopping list - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done. Have blistered my hands waaaaaaaaa
    • Add dehumidifier water to "free flush" bucket - done
    More to come

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2018 at 8:19PM
    Morning all :)
    Got an appointment at the surgery this morning for one of those over 40s health checks. This will consist of a nurse telling me I ought to lose weight (I know :() but I am hoping for the nurse who is, shall I say, rather a lot fatter than I am, and not one of the skinny ones :rotfl: I will walk to the surgery and back (a couple of miles at least) for free exercise and because it is often a pain to park there :) Strange thing is, it is really hard to get an appointment at the surgery when you need one, but they rang up almost begging me to take up this health check thing, which I hadn't done anything about as the letter arrived while I had a rotten cold. Apparently they were struggling to fill this particular clinic :huh: Grr got to go for a fasting cholesterol test as my cholesterol was .03 higher than it should be. Worryingly, the nurse didn'tseem to understand the difference between .03 (which was the actual reading) and .3, it was like being back teaching again :eek: Seems like overkill to me. I shall go for the test and bet it will be back to normal, it is such a tiny deviation!

Anyway, apart from that:
    Washed hair with shampoo bar (which is going to last for ages) and left it to dry naturally
    HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fruit
    Need to sort out fridge!
    Washing is out on the line, blowing nicely today. Will put another load on in a minute :)2 loads dry so far, including a duvet which, as it is a summer weight one, I managed to cram into the machine. Another load still out, must get it in shortly and drape on airer
    Finish last of carrot and coriander soup for lunch with a slice of toast, only a little bit left, but enough for me :)Baby GS had this, but really wanted my tuna sandwich :rotfl:
    OH wants kedgeree for dinner, so will make enough for more than one meal, as it is a bit of a faff Made loads, and it isn't great as I used Basmati rice instead of the more robust easy cook long grain stuff that I usually use, and it broke down a bit. I also did too much rice. Anyway, it tasted ok. Must think what to do with the rest of it :eek: I will think of something, as it will not be wasted - maybe little patties of it heated / browned on the griddle....
    Post a RM surveys item Done
    Try and avoid doing any shopping for another day, though OH is bound to whinge about there not being any more bagels (to which, for some reason, he is addicted) Avoided doing a shop, as OH hasn't yet noticed the scarcity of bagels :D I did pop into Waitrose with DD, as she wanted some satsumas, and we spotted bargainous huge reduced pumpkins for 10p each, so we picked up one for each of us. But DD paid for mine as well :D
    Check for online surveys, trying to get back into this One for onepoll today
    Some cleaning and tidying, in house and garden, Not much, just endless tidying and washing up
    Check banks later, but not anticipating any surprises Done, no suprises.
    Not spent anything today :T

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 November 2018 at 12:10PM
    The more the merrier! I do love how you have put exactly that number of smilies Ally! :rotfl:

I'm Neuro Atypical. It's a thing I do...:rotfl:

Ally - that is a lot of dodgy hug love right there :D

Yup, it is. :D

Morning guys :D jeez those smilies are bus on the eye ally!

Free psychadelic eyeball trip? :shocked:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 November 2018 at 3:28PM
    Hk, sounds like a lovely time with your dd.

Todays list
    * Had to change ds's bedding again today as I spilt my coffee on it when I went in to make sure he'd not rolled back over to sleep this morning :mad: so I've washed 2 loads on the quick 30 degree wash and gave them both an extra spin beofre putting on the line, lucky I didn't spill it on my bed as I was able to fit the single duvet in the washng machine. Keeping eyes peeled now though as we're forecast rain. :)brought it in now as its looking very dark in the sky now, will put on the radiators to finish off after the kids are home
    * called into aldee with little list (only 4 items) and stuck to it :)
    * have made a chilli con carne for tomorrow night, dh always says its better a day or two after making :)
    * have a spag bol (using the other half of the pack of mince ^) cooking in the slow cooker :)
    * cooked some pasta, will have a cold pasta mayo with a bit of gammon and salad thrown in tonight
    * make families lunches for tomorrow
    * scrub the oven shelves that I left soaking in the bath last night done but had a little scare as I'd put the shelves in a microfibre towel so as not to scratch the bath and walked into blue bath water and when drained a blue tinge in the bottom of the bath, sorted now though with a bit of cream cleaner. :o
    * check banking/ update spreadsheets :)
    * update ds1s pocket money chart as he'd asked me to get him some sweets from aldee from his money
    * book gym class for tomorrow morning (thanks for the youtube link CLf)
    * make omelettes ready just to reheat for brunch tomorrow after going to the gym
    * sort out front room, didn't get round to this yesterday and I still want to find dss guitar pick
    * put away washing off the radiators and iron the couple of bits I didn't do yesterday :)

Thats my starter, take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • 1LuckyLady wrote: »
    * sort out front room, didn't get round to this yesterday and I still want to find dss guitar pick

Favourite places in our house are wallet, jeans pocket, washing machine (grrrr) or bottom of the washing bin
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    1LuckyLady wrote: »

How to make a free replacement. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    edited 6 November 2018 at 9:11PM
    Hi November Networkers,

Afternoon!:coffee: Day off. :) Kept warming by staying in bed. ;)

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* DW will make six portions of lettuce soup with dying cos lettuce. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. Cycled. Fell off. Got back on. Cycled.

* Consume homemade banana bread/coffee and walnut cake. Done.

* Get 2-for-1 with Meerkat Movies at the cinema this afternoon. Done.

* Make handlebar bag for bike from a makeup bag I bought yesterday. Done.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure