Real Life, Dating and Money!

Comments

• Littlebirdie
    Littlebirdie Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello,

So just a little update. Bought some eggs today and my usual morning snacks so spend ~£1.50.

Decided my outfit for the weekend, its one that doesn't need me to buy new shoes! That's saved some money.

Meant to have a date on Thursday but I just had to cancel. He was just too full on! Lovely guy yet messaging all the time - Shane as he went to such a big effort on the second date. So let the dating saga continue. Funny thing is I'm not ready for a relationship, just love the fun of dating.

This week is flying by!
    To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • Littlebirdie
    So ordered a mattress from eBay and didn't need it in the end so sent it back. Annoyingly the company asks you to pay for it back if you are returning - £12.98 it cost me!! Urgh. I strongly don't believe packaging should be paid for on first return, second yes. So I've emailed them saying how much I don't agree with it and if they will refund it. If not I'm going to give negative feedback as it's just wrong. Rant over!

Tried to get travel insurance via cashback website but none of them seem to be offering it which is strange!

Had to stop myself buying extra food today - forgot I was going away. Stupidly bought 4pints of milk yesterday - porridge for breakfast and dinner maybe ha!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Hello,

So today was my Friday :j

I wouldn't class today as a low spend day. But I am proud of myself - I made a coffee rather than buying as I was very tempted. Did the job tbh. As I didn't have have much food left I ended up buying some bits for lunch. Two yogurts and a roll. Argh annoyingly though I needed a butter but had to spend £2 on my card. Should have been a bit more organsied. I bought travel insurance and tried again on the cashback and they came up. Got instance for £2.77 and £0.35p cashback! :j

You know what I have never bought travel insurance before. I'm glad - this finically journey is about me being sensible. I'm also going to sort out part of the will this weekend too.

Oh bought a gift for a family member - card and gift £12.75. Annoyed I didn't get it via cashback but I can't be organsied.

Had porridge for dinner - using up that milk!

I'm feeling a bit poorly today so wouldn't surprise if a few sympathy spends come. So glad there ain't a date tonight.

So got one of the two extras for the Fitbit and then I'll sell it when I get back along with a dress and skirt.

The company wasn't having any of it about the airbed:( so annoyed.

Right I better go and pack, have a good weekend all :)
    To staying out of debt!
  • £0.65p in my account from cashback. This being sensible with money malarki is though so any little extra/savings etc needs celebrating!
    To staying out of debt!
  • Littlebirdie
    Hello,

So nothing really much to update just getting my thoughts out. Currently away for the weekend and it is lovely. Lots of nice walks and meals out. I've decided I'm going to give all my remaining holiday money to my brother. By the end of the holiday there would have been two expensive meals and I want to pay my way. The bill isn't spoken about (typical for my family) but my aim is to always pay my way as an adult so I'm going to leave him a little note with around ~€60.

Also just thinking:

I've decided next year I'm only going to make my holiday 3 and a half weeks not 4 and a half weeks. I think a week traveling before the trek will be enough and I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.

When I get home I'm going to sell the Fitbit and the dress and skirt. Almost makes me excited to go home :rotfl: .

I have a date on Thursday but I'm really not sure about it.

Lunches next week:
    I'm really missing my salads! The only this is they are more expensive to buy. The thing is I just need to expect that the summer is more expensive for food as it is less bulk buy. Also still have to have enjoyment in food!

Hmmm that's everything :)
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello,

So back from my holiday and stayed with my bro. It's given me a bit of drive seeing his place and I guess having something or a lifestyle to work towards.

This morning I had another £1.35 cashback waiting so cashed that. I'm going to put the money into my holiday fund.

I have two new unexpected spends. My mums birthday which I forgot about! Spend £18 on her gift and then next month is my sister and dad's birthday - realistically need to budget £30 each for them. I think I want to start having a separate Christmas and birthday account as at the minute they are joined and I spend more on gifts than I should so I want to ensure I have something for Christmas.

Also the heel of my boots came off :( . So frustrating. They have lasted me well so investing some money in them won't do me any harm. I think I'll take that money out of my emergency fund.
    To staying out of debt!
  • Hello

So it's mid month..

Thought it would be a good idea to do some updates of my spending currrently as it might kick my a** into holding back for the rest of the month. I've only included the spends that can change and are based on my behaviour i.e I havent included the bills that stay the same every month..here goes highest to lowes:

Alcohol: £103.49 - Budget £50
    Again gone over budget - and I'm going on another date on Sunday so it will increase by another £25 ish :eek:. Ohhh this dating life! I went on a date las night and I was dreading it. I didnt like the look of him in the pictures and he was not messaging me much but I just went for it as it was down the road and whilst I dont see him as BF material it was a nice time. He is much better looking in real life.

Gifts: £51 - budge £20
    Now this is included money I lent a family member £30. He said he would pay me back yesterday but they money is not in my account so it doesnt look like that is happening. Do I ask for it back? I could rant and rant and rant about it bt I think I'm just going to ahve to let this go even though it frustrates me. I really need to sort out getting seperate christmas and gift accounts....

House items: £40 - budget £0
    So this month we bough lots of extra things for a house and it was divided by 3. It also includes the blow up bed fiasco :mad: .Acually I must check if they have repaid me.

Birthdays £18 - budget £20
    Finially :j under budget

Clothes £55 - Budget: £30
    So I bought a nice jumper last month which came to around £40ish which I put on my credit card. I have paid off £30 this month. I had an unexpected spend of £25 for rehealing my shoes. I'm tempted to take it out of my emergency money.

Restaurants £23.84 - Budget: £20
    This is all for the night out chances this weekend I'll spend more money and also go over budget.

Rare spends £16.15 - Budget £0
    This is for the sports massage - with all the exercise I do I feel it is important!

Travel: £16 Budget £50
    Well under budget here - by the end of the month I reckon it will be around £30.
    I'm really proud omyself I forgot my rail card the other night so had to use ontactless which was more expensive so I walked home instead. My steps that day was something like 27000:rotfl:

Work food £9.95 - Budget £10
    Yeah this varies month to month but over the last fw months my spends in MS has increased

Coffee shops £9.70 - Budget £25
    I realllly want to kept his under budget

Food week 1: £18.20 - Budget £30
    Good savings!

Food week 2: 19.88 - Budget £30
    Another good saving!

So long story short I cant afford that dress I want or any o the running stuff.....
    To staying out of debt!
  • So £113.91 left on m redit card which I used to pay for my phone and has a remaining £9.50 on it from the top i bought last month. I jave just paid £64.91 towards it meaning I have only £49 left to pay!

The money was sitting in a savings account but I was only aking around 0.01p on it each month so the feeling of paying it off is better than getting the penny each month!
    To staying out of debt!
  • So that date last night - nope! Seriously boring. Spent ~ £5.20 on travel and then £12 on drinks and then said it was time to go. Done some baking today - hmmm it's just not my speciality. It's basically practice and I just don't have the events to practice for. I'll keep trying.

I'm going to do my food shop today. Aim for under £15
    To staying out of debt!
  • I'm going to be honest - I'm actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. It gives me purpose and drive. I get a bit a bit bored when I'm off work no matter what I have planned.

Things are up for sale on eb@y! I also had £0.98 to cashback which I have done so...I've been waiting for it since October so glad to have it!

Have a good week all
    To staying out of debt!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family