Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is fairly normal. Ryanair don't give away money willingly.

All you need is in Vauban's guide.

http://db.orangedox.com/GdfSa4xUZdZI5GJadr/Vauban%27s%20Guide%20to%20Claiming%20Flight%20Dela%20%20y%20Compensation.pdf
  • SRawson
    Options
    I'm having huge issues trying to claim my compensation from Ryanair - Can anyone help??

My flight was delayed by over 6 hours this August. By the time I had landed, we'd already received an email from Ryanair saying it wasn't their fault and we couldn't claim. I looked on this website and saw I could, so put in a claim with the Resolver website. Ryanair accepted this and sent me a letter saying I would receive £360 compensation.

However I have never received this. I have tried to get hold of them many times and every time have been knocked back with a 'this email address can't be replied to' email. I have had a live chat with one of their customer services, she agreed I had compensation to be awarded. However could not tell me when or if I'd receive this and told me to just fill out their form again! So I went back to fill out their form again, and now it's telling me I can't submit the form because we eventually flew on the flight.

HELP PLEASE!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simple answer. Write a letter via snail mail, recorded delivery, as an NBA giving them 2 weeks to pay otherwise you will commence legal proceedings for recovery of the debt and any associated costs.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • howticklediam
    Options
    And report them to the CAA:

passengercomplaints@caa.co.uk
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    SRawson,
    Further to JPears straight talking Yorkshire response (which is exactly what you will receive from me), also add in your NBA to RA that you are in receipt of a letter from RA via Resolver admitting liability and offering compensation for your claim.
    That's acquiesce, and something RA would struggle to fight against in any ESCP claim.
    I hope this answers your PM to me too, i've posted my response on here for any other people who may be in the same situation as you.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Afia2k8
    Afia2k8 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey guys,
    So after a year of fluff in claiming an EU flight delayed over 3 hours in 2012 with RA, they finally gave me some positive news. Although they did not admit liability they have responded with something along the lines of "We have reconsidered our position towards your claim and to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion we will forward a bank transfer for £740 ish (€250 per passenger, there were 4 passengers), which is compensation in accordance with EU261/2004 Regulation."Should I simply accept this? They have conveniently picked a time where the EUR currency has plummeted quite a bit last Thursday. In the letter I sent I did request that in accordance with the EU Regulation, I expected the total claim of compensation sought for four passengers is €1000. Hence, £794.04
    (According to the accuracy of www.xe.com, a leading currency exchange rate website, €1 = £0.7940492778 on the date of the delay in 2012.) Now I also see Vaubans guide about "The total is €xxx for all passengers, plus interest @8% p.a." Is it legal to demand interest on top?

Do I have any rights with regards to this or do I have no choice but be subjected to the fluctuations of the EUR currency?

Secondly, I tried putting my details in the complainttracker so that I can input my bank transfer details. And lo and behold, my flight reservation number is Invalid (as I believe the Reservation was in 2012). So I'll have to resort to emailing it to them.

Any advice please. Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,
    K.
  • howticklediam
    Options
    If you want to argue the exchange rate and interest you'll have to go to court.
  • Travelguru
    Options
    :j
    Our flight was delayed nearly 7 hours on October 2nd 2015. Filled in a complaint form while we waited at Alicante and when we got home had a reply via email telling us to write and submit a claim for compensation with any covering 'expenses' paperwork.
    We used the MSE claim letter template adding at the bottom that we noted the same flight was delayed 2 days later for the same amount of time and that we felt it was an 'operational delay' rather than extraordinary circumstances. We included copies of our booking receipt and our spare boarding passes, that we always print off before travelling, and sent them off on
    20th October.
    Have today received an email acknowledgement of the claim and been told that a cheque will be sent for £590.80 equivalent to €800 in full settlement within 15 days. :beer:
    I know Ryanair get a lot of stick, they are what they are! We use them 2 or 3 times a year and have done so for the last 10 years. We play them at their own game and pay the extras when necessary and have never until now had a problem.
    They have dealt with the problem in a professional and timely manner so now booking our next two trips with them.......RESULT!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Travelguru wrote: »
    They have dealt with the problem in a professional and timely manner so now booking our next two trips with them.......RESULT!

yep - and isn't that how 261/04 is meant to work? Good result. Well done RA.
  • B164D
    B164D Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2015 at 12:37PM
    Options
    6hr delay on 18th September Edinburgh to Lanzarote flight meant a midnight arrival for this grumpy old man after a trip surrounded by other people's howling kids. :mad:
    Knock on factors meant first day of holiday was badly disrupted. Decided compensation was due me and my better half. :money: Used Resolver, simplicity itself, 5 days later a response from Ryanair informing me that a cheque for £590.80 is being sent. :beer:
    Thank you Ryanair, unfortunately I have already booked next year's flight with Jet 2, but in future I will be prepared to fly with you again. May all your flights be on time.
    Thank you MSE and Resolver. :T
    Incidentally, Ryanair said cheque would be raised within 20 working days on 30th October and it was duly received on 4th December.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback