Problems with Moneydashboard

Hi, due to following Moneysavingexpert advice (both Martin and Forum), we have a complex set of bank accounts and transactions which I keep a tally of with an Excel spreadsheet. Reading about Moneydashboard, it seemed ideal, so I signed up. I have found that the system is very limited in terms of which bank accounts it recognises - and no real solution to the problem provided, eg Marcus Goldman Sachs and even Yorkshire Building Society. As I have some 20 odd accounts (and my husband has the same), I have had to close the Moneydashboard account as it cannot meet my needs. Such a shame because it looks brilliant with all the analysis features. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Thank you for reading this.
Debt September 2020 BIG FAT ZERO!
Now mortgage free, sort of retired, reducing and reusing and putting money away for grandchildren...

Comments

• It claims it supports Yorkshire BS?

https://www.moneydashboard.com/supported-banks
  • fudgecat
    fudgecat Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi LobsterMemory,
    I had a reply from their team on Yorkshire BS (see below), but nothing re Goldman Sachs Marcus. As we have quite a bit in there and are about to open a Sharia account (also not listed), it rather misleads on final balances!

The first field at the Yorkshire Building Society is labeled Username/Customer Number, so if you have a username please enter this in the Customer Number field when trying to connect on Money Dashboard.
    Please also ensure you are entering your date of birth in the indicated format (DD-MMM-YYYY). For example, 1st April 1980 should be entered as 01-Apr-1980
    Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulties.
    Kind Regards
    Ian Turnbull[/I]
    Debt September 2020 BIG FAT ZERO!
    Now mortgage free, sort of retired, reducing and reusing and putting money away for grandchildren...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    None of the personal finance managers supports the entire range of UK current and savings accounts, and not to talk about investment accounts. You'll have to manually track where your money is. I use AceMoney, a clone of MSMoney, which is now ancient but still very popular with lots of MSE Forumites. AceMoney/MSMoney have quite different concepts to e.g. MoneyDashboard and don't retrieve the balance from your actual accounts but they are really essential for anyone with lots of accounts.

I have tried lots of the new-fangled apps, and not found any of them satisfactory. MoneyDashboard is probably one of the worst I have come across but in fairness I need to add that it's some 2 years since I last looked at them, and they might have made some improvements since.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    but you must say MS Money is the eased too use.
    If YOU,,,, the person that has the account ???????????

you enter data, it's not a what's up in the sky... CLOUD...thing !

you get what you enter !
  • I've also suffered various issues with Money Dashboard in addition to those mentioned.

It fails to upload balances from Tesco or M&S for weeks, which when I refresh asks for a code (Which is sent to my mobile, and only then sometimes works). The refresh is slow, and frankly it would be quicker to login to the individual banks separately.

The biggest problem however is that my main account, Natwest, does not load transactions until 3/4 days after they have cleared. This is utterly useless to anyone moving funds around in real time.

I've sent messages via social media and their website and had no reply. I'll be closing my account this week.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I don’t ever use any apps that connect automatically to my bank as I know that the system in the UK is not particularly extensive or reliable, and I do like to have some control over what goes into the apps anyway. I update my apps weekly, if not daily, and it is easy enough using the banking apps on my phone to check balances etc.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure