PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello LR

I'm in the process of handing over a leasehold apartment to one of our children.
    We are not using a solicitor for the conveyancing other than the 1D!
    The apartment has a 98 year remaining.
    About the lease owners where do we include their information on the TR1, please
    Thanks

The lease owners are presumably the registered proprietors. As such they are the Transferors in your described scenario
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    edited 8 November 2018 at 7:16AM
    Hi

I’m a homeowner and live alone. Are there any plans to introduce a single person discount on rates as offered in england on council tax ? It doesn’t seem right that I pay the same as my neighbour who is 4 person household and we’re all getting the same services.

Thanks

HMLR don't deal with rates/council tax so I'd suggest contacting whoever levies these in your area to check what future plans may exist.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Hello again, Land Registry :)

It seems that we are now going down the deed of rectification route.

Is it possible for you to give an estimate for long long it takes to register such deeds at Land Registry, assuming that all paperwork is correct?
    Hello. It is difficult to say in advance of the application being made, but if for example, we need to service notice then that will delay things. If there is a request for expedite which is granted then that should mean that the case is considered quicker.
  • I can confirm that we wrote out to the solicitors acting yesterday to raise two points that need to be resolved before the case can proceed.
    The solicitors have confirmed, that they replied for all the questions from LR, is anything else needs to be done, before You can remove the restriction?
  • An RX4 is an application to withdraw a restriction. It does not change the registered ownership.

RX4s are submitted by the beneficiary of the restriction and the average timescale involved is around 2 weeks providing its in order and we don't have to carry out wider checks re it's authenticity

Thank you for your response. It is in fact an AP1 form that has been submitted and they have now requested a Certificate of Compliance from the management company involved with the property we are purchasing. There is a restriction placed on the property which should never have been there and this needs to be removed. Once you have received the certificate and assuming all other documentation is in order what is the timescale likely to be on the restriction being lifted?

We are now at risk of our own property sale falling through and losing out on the home we are purchasing.

Many thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Shelleybob wrote: »
    Thank you for your response. It is in fact an AP1 form that has been submitted and they have now requested a Certificate of Compliance from the management company involved with the property we are purchasing. There is a restriction placed on the property which should never have been there and this needs to be removed. Once you have received the certificate and assuming all other documentation is in order what is the timescale likely to be on the restriction being lifted?

We are now at risk of our own property sale falling through and losing out on the home we are purchasing.

Many thanks

If everything needed is submitted and we don't have to contact the restrictioner/Management Co to confirm all ok then it's normally completed in a few days
    Your solicitor should be able to confirm if all in order and also if any further delays are likely - they can check progress through their access to our online services
  • Land_Registry
    The solicitors have confirmed, that they replied for all the questions from LR, is anything else needs to be done, before You can remove the restriction?
    Hi. As mentioned in our previous reply, we wrote out again on 6 November to the solicitors acting to raise two points that needed to be resolved before the case can proceed. At the time of writing, we have not received a reply.
  • Hi. As mentioned in our previous reply, we wrote out again on 6 November to the solicitors acting to raise two points that needed to be resolved before the case can proceed. At the time of writing, we have not received a reply.
    I see. I'm just wondering why did they say, that they have replied, if they have not.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I see. I'm just wondering why did they say, that they have replied, if they have not.
    Is it at all possible that they were referring to their previous reply to the LR, and hadn't yet get round to (or possibly not received) the LR's response of 6 November? Feel free to ask your solicitors to join in the discussion here, as that might clarify matters :D
  • pt1188
    pt1188 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Apologies fir a delayed response on this one.

Freeholds very rarely have a 'notional value' even with leases granted. If the transfer is not for value, namely a gift/no monetary consideration, and you do not provide ID1s for the other parties, then you'll need to confirm the current market value of the freehold to show it's value is truly under £6k and that most of the value is included in the leaseholds.

If you choose that option I woukd recommend that you get a valuation from a local agent. And also bear in mind that we reserve the right to request evidence of identity on all applications.

You will need to submit separate AP1s for each transfer but you can rely on the same evidence of identity for each if submitted together

Thanks for your reply LR.

I did ring your helpline and it was suggested that I provide a covering letter explaining why ID1's are not supplied for the other joint freeholders as the value is less than 6k. However if, as you say, I should get an agent's valuation would I need to enclose it with the application to support my case? Or would my covering letter suffice.

I accept that in either case you would still reserve the right to ask for ID1's for all concerned.

Thanks again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure