PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• SeasideSally
    Options
    We do not appear to have received a request from the solicitors acting for the case to prioritised / expedited. You need to check with your solicitors about this - we need a request from them supported by evidence of the dependent transaction.

We've spoken to our solicitor, who called Land Registry again yesterday to try to get this case expedited (she received an email from LR today acknowledging her call). She was told during that call that in this instance the case cannot be expedited. She's sending off a further request now, with supporting documentation to prove that there's a sale going on, but she's been told that this will make no difference.

Is it possible for you to check what is going wrong here? Can it be expedited or not? We are extremely worried now.
    Selling up and moving to the seasaw. Mortgage-free by 2020 :)
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,780 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We've spoken to our solicitor, who called Land Registry again yesterday to try to get this case expedited (she received an email from LR today acknowledging her call). She was told during that call that in this instance the case cannot be expedited. She's sending off a further request now, with supporting documentation to prove that there's a sale going on, but she's been told that this will make no difference.

Is it possible for you to check what is going wrong here? Can it be expedited or not? We are extremely worried now.
    We have a record of the solicitor calling on Wednesday to check progress, but we currently have no record of an expedite request being made. We will treat any expedite request on its merits, but as mentioned it needs to be supported by appropriate evidence of the dependent transaction which the solicitors acting should be able to provide.

I regret that this is not a straightforward matter and it will be difficult to give a timescale for completion. Once it is fully considered, we may require further documentation from the solicitors acting and we may also have to call for an onsite survey / inspection of the land.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SeasideSally
    Options
    I regret that this is not a straightforward matter and it will be difficult to give a timescale for completion. Once it is fully considered, we may require further documentation from the solicitors acting and we may also have to call for an onsite survey / inspection of the land.

Thank you for your help, Land Registry.

I am now quite horrified. Our solicitor was told on Wednesday that the case could be escalated but not expedited. She is going to provide (or might already have done so now) the sale contract as proof of the property transaction. Is that proof enough?

If an onsite survey/inspection were to be required, is there a timescale for that part of the process to be completed? Also, our solicitor was told that a notice would be sent to our neighbours informing them of our application; at what point during the process does that go out?

Our buyers are threatening to withdraw from the purchase of our property - predominantly because of the delay itself, but also because we can't even give them some idea of whether or not the matter will be resolved before their mortgage offer runs out.

We are extremely worried now that we will lose our sale. :sad:
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Thank you for your help, Land Registry.

I am now quite horrified. Our solicitor was told on Wednesday that the case could be escalated but not expedited. She is going to provide (or might already have done so now) the sale contract as proof of the property transaction. Is that proof enough?

If an onsite survey/inspection were to be required, is there a timescale for that part of the process to be completed? Also, our solicitor was told that a notice would be sent to our neighbours informing them of our application; at what point during the process does that go out?

Our buyers are threatening to withdraw from the purchase of our property - predominantly because of the delay itself, but also because we can't even give them some idea of whether or not the matter will be resolved before their mortgage offer runs out.

We are extremely worried now that we will lose our sale. :sad:
    As mentioned previously, the case is waiting for the consideration of a senior officer, so that may explain your solicitor referring to an escalation. A sale contract would normally be sufficient for expedition, but as mentioned, we can do need to assess on its merits and can't approve in advance.

I do appreciate your difficulty, but it wouldn't be helpful to give you a timescale as it would amount to guesswork. This is because so much depends on the individual circumstances of the case. The survey process for example is affected by the owner's availability, but a very rough estimate would be from 1 to 2 weeks. Where notice is sent, this would normally be sent once the application is in order. The period to reply is generally 15 working days, but this can vary. The recipient also has the option of replying at any time rather than allowing that time period to expire.

Your solicitor is best placed to keep you informed, but you can contact us directly and we'll do our best to assist - https://!!!!!!/2F6AtxU .
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SeasideSally
    SeasideSally Posts: 110 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2018 at 1:04AM
    Options
    Many thanks again for your help, Land Registry.
    As mentioned previously, the case is waiting for the consideration of a senior officer, so that may explain your solicitor referring to an escalation. A sale contract would normally be sufficient for expedition, but as mentioned, we can do need to assess on its merits and can't approve in advance.

Our solicitor isn't available today, so I can't check if the contract has been uploaded. But once that's received, how long does it take for Land Registry to decide if the case can be expedited?
    The survey process for example is affected by the owner's availability, but a very rough estimate would be from 1 to 2 weeks.

I'm assuming that the site visit would be to determine who's in possession of the land - the garage in this case. When you say 'owner', do you mean the rightful owners (as in my husband and me) or the registered proprietor (the neighbour whose plan includes my garage)?If you are referring to the latter, would my husband and I also need to be present, as we're the only ones with keys to it?

Again, thank you for your help.
  • laskoibence
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

any updates on this? MS563915 :)
  • pt1188
    pt1188 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Land registry

My wife & I own a leasehold flat as well as a share of the freehold (it's one of a conversion of 3 flats in the building)
    We wish to gift the flat to our son and I know that I have to complete forms AP1, TR1 as well as ID1's for all three of us in respect of the leasehold transfer of the flat from us to him.

The freehold title is in the joint names of my wife & I plus two others and I know that I have to complete a separate TR1 form to remove my wife's and my name and add my son's name to it.

My question is this - as the freehold has only a notional value which is shared with the other two flat owners, do I need to complete ID1 forms for the other two owners whose names appear on the freehold title. I understand that the ID1 form is not needed on transactions whose value is less than £6000

My second question is whether the two transfers can be submitted in one AP1 form?

Thanks for your help.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

any updates on this? MS563915 :)
    Good morning - apologies for the delay in replying but we are waiting for an update from those responsible for the case. It appears that we will need to write out again to the solicitors acting to resolve some points for the application to be in order, but I hope to be able to confirm this shortly.
  • paulinefromtheuk
    Options
    Hello LR

I'm in the process of handing over a leasehold apartment to one of our children.
    We are not using a solicitor for the conveyancing other than the 1D!
    The apartment has a 98 year remaining.
    About the lease owners where do we include their information on the TR1, please
    Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Many thanks again for your help, Land Registry.

Our solicitor isn't available today, so I can't check if the contract has been uploaded. But once that's received, how long does it take for Land Registry to decide if the case can be expedited?

I'm assuming that the site visit would be to determine who's in possession of the land - the garage in this case. When you say 'owner', do you mean the rightful owners (as in my husband and me) or the registered proprietor (the neighbour whose plan includes my garage)?If you are referring to the latter, would my husband and I also need to be present, as we're the only ones with keys to it?

Again, thank you for your help.
    You're welcome and sorry for the delay in replying. I regret to inform you that the application was cancelled today and an explanatory letter had gone out to the solicitors acting by business post (document exchange).

Once a senior officer had fully considered the case, it was found that the application could not proceed based on the correction of the register as any error lies in the deeds/leases themselves. Essentially, the registrations were completed correctly based on the documents lodged with us at the time.

The letter to the solicitor sets out the position in full and outlines some of the possible options open to them, so they will be in a position to advise you on the way forward.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback