IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

wrong registration number on PCN, please help

Options

Comments

• johri3
    Options
    Hi all

I parked in a hotel. As usual i paid for the parking via telephone. I have a bank statement to prove i paid. A few days later i got a letter from Smart parking stating that i had paid for different vehicle.
    I find this absolutely ridiculous - i have contacted them via their online system to explain all this. However they are insisting on fining me - even though i can prove i paid . Surely it is their fault if their system does not work?
    I have been told i can lodge an appeal via Popla or via the Ombudsman services.
    Any advice would be gratefully received.

All the best
    Rishi
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to understand the game you've now entered. Please do not hijack another poster's thread - please start a new one of your own if you can't sort this out from following advice in the sticky. Smart are easy to outsmart!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    johri3 wrote: »
    The best advice for you at this stage is to start your own thread.

Trying to deal with two different issues with two different people in one thread can only lead to confusion.

Can I please ask that you then delete your post from this thread?

Thank you for your understanding.
  • tomeo007
    tomeo007 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I just received Claim Form,
    https://imgur.com/a/c2ubf5d
  • tomeo007
    tomeo007 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Please advise how to disagree with the claim.
    Do it online or by post, how to prepare defense.
    Send them all proofs or defense letter only.
    I have start new thread followed Cupon-Mad but Quentin advise to continue this one

many thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    tomeo007 wrote: »
    Please advise how to disagree with the claim.
    Do it online or by post, how to prepare defense.
    Send them all proofs or defense letter only.
    I have start new thread followed Cupon-Mad but Quentin advise to continue this one

many thanks

All contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. Everything from dealing with the claim form right through to the hearing (and everything in between).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    Options
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
  • tomeo007
    Options
    Issue Date: 08 Nov 2018
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK so we will help when we see your draft defence, as Umkomaas pointed you where to read.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    edited 8 December 2018 at 2:30PM
    Options
    tomeo007 wrote: »
    Issue Date: 08 Nov 2018
    With a Claim Issue Date of 8th November, you have until Tuesday 27th November to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having done the AoS, you then have until 4pm on Tuesday 11th December 2018 to file your Defence.

That's over four weeks. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure