Trying to avoid a near life experience

Options

Comments

• NorthernPeach
    Options
    So sad to think my standard repayment pays off more interest than capital, at least my regular OP tips the balance slightly :(
    Emergency fund = £734.27 / £1000 :starmod:
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    The new flooring and skirting is down :j it looks so much better, just waiting for my brother to bill me for his services now! Today will consist of lots of tidying and moving the furniture back, next stop ripping up the living room laminate.....will be ordering carpet sometime this week hopefully!

We managed to get a refund on a spare pack of laminate, extra trim and some wax yesterday evening then preceeded to spend it all on enough snacks to sink a battle ship :rotfl: we definitely will not being going hungry this weekend! Must be good next week!!!

Sent £50 to the emergency fund this morning and updated sig!
  • NorthernPeach
    NorthernPeach Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing much to report here today, food shop done yesterday for the week for £44.50 now I just need to avoid the supermarkets for the rest of the week :o

Been trying to complete a few surveys in my spare time however having no joy with PA or UGov :( However, I have joined the N*stle cereal club potentially may earn a few ££'s

Made a small TT to the mortgage today to round it down, £14.34! Only need to find another £12 this month to stay on track :) ........ drip drip
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Myself and a work friend have managed to get free access to a hotel gym with spa facilities tomorrow through work :money: I think that might just be my biggest freebie in a long time :D Note to self: Must shave legs this evening :eek::rotfl:

Totally feel your pain here, & with the hair washing or greasy hair decision you have to make daily if you workout regularly! :rotfl:
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    Totally feel your pain here, & with the hair washing or greasy hair decision you have to make daily if you workout regularly! :rotfl:

I have to wash my hair everyday otherwise it just feels gross :eek:I realise its not good to wash it that often! Over the past few years I have started using dry shampoo to eek it out for another day but its not the same and that stuff is not cheap :rotfl:
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    I must have a productive day, I'm working nights tonight so it means I have a lot of time to tackle some of my mental to do list and not spend all day reading everyone's diaries.
    1. Tackle the washing mountain (Wash & Put on the line)
    2. Empty and Fill the Dishwasher
    3. Print off APG voucher
    4. Take shoes back to store (Ordered online but too big :( )
    5. Get some cash out for the window cleaner
    6. Complete first task for cereal club (N*stle)
    7. Prepare a healthy tea for myself and OH

Bedtime = 9am Sat morning!
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    [STRIKE]Tackle the washing mountain (Wash & Put on the line)[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty and Fill the Dishwasher[/STRIKE]
    Print off APG voucher - I'll do this tomorrow
    [STRIKE]Take shoes back to store (Ordered online but too big )[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Get some cash out for the window cleaner[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Complete first task for cereal club (N*stle)[/STRIKE]
    Prepare a healthy tea for myself and OH - Fail

Additionally filled in lots of surveys on 1poll and earnt some cashback on my bulk food order :D
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    Today has been a pants day filled with anxiety and sleep deprivation!

I forced myself and OH to get out into the short lived sunshine for a while and we went out for an early dinner, it made me feel a little better at the time but now I'm just back to work dread!
  • NorthernPeach
    NorthernPeach Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2018 at 11:12PM
    Options
    This last week or so has felt slow. Paid my brother for the flooring and ordered some carpet to be laid next week...feeling pretty poor consequently. It will all be worth it in the end!

I have been trying to cook more meals from scratch and I've done quite well at avoiding the supermarket...hoping this continues and my bank balance sees the difference. I need to continue to tackle the garden tomorrow strawberries, courgettes and green beans to plant, I have also eyed up a decrepit raspberry bush in town reduced to £1.25 which I might just have to go and grab tomorrow.

Loving this warm weather ...is it here to stay all summer??
  • NorthernPeach
    Options
    Just totted up the monthly grocery shop, I'm working pay day to pay day, we have spent £377 :eek:.....there's only 2 of us and a very hungry fluff cat! This does include a meal out and a bulk meat order (accounts for £100) but even so........what do we even buy! :(

Must attempt to eat from cupboards/stock!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport