Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - Part 12

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just thought I'd add this to the front page.

One of the most asked questions is why is this thread not a sticky?

Its been proven not many Newcomers read the stickies first but will read a thread moving up and down the board, Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - Part 11 has had 83,295 views.

Eventually when new posters are settled, they will then read the stickies.

If...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hello all!

Hope you are all well. I disappear for a few days and you run off to a shiny new thread without even a warning :eek:. It's no wonder fred doesn't behave with lot looking after him :rotfl:

A quick mid-siesta bump from me - blimey, work is dull today! I'm off back to my siesta zzzzzzz
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon from me too :hello:

I'm well thank you HM, hope you are too.....apart from really sleepy, that is!! ;)
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wow a new thread I feel all giddy, have all had a productive day?

I was that knackered came home and crashed on the bed.

Off for my fix now of coffee
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Afternoon all :wave:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4559529240887575&id=e7e8502c8cef7aff7387bbdc7a1cd45e&url=http%3a%2f%2fi238.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fff298%2fpalakea%2fCat%2ffunny-pictures-fat-cat-ate-book.jpg
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    camuk81 wrote: »
    Wow a new thread I feel all giddy, have all had a productive day?

I was that knackered came home and crashed on the bed.

Off for my fix now of coffee
    Here you go...

thumbnail.aspx?q=4590684926902272&id=77e42df5822a5d38957ade7ae8a51fa1&url=http%3a%2f%2fwallpaperson.net%2f_ph%2f9%2f169988053.jpg
  • MFI
    MFI Posts: 1 Newbie
    Sorry to trouble you i'm new to this & have logged in & been advised to click the 'new thread button' on the top left of the page, but there doesn't appear to be one, can you help?
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    The new thread link will appear on all the main board pages or subboard pages providing you are logged in. Choose the board where you want to post your thread.

The new thread button won't appear when you are in an existing thread.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Tixy
    Hovel_lady wrote: »
    Hi Tixy.

This is linking to the main forum board.
    Not sure if it's just me though :o

PS
    Tried to PM you but your in-box is full.
    No it's doing the same for me too HL.

It should be this link ---- > What's a troll/alter ego?

Hmmm - well I am flumoxed - for me my post links through to the correct place / same place as Ifs?

Is it still wrong for you? or has someone sneakily fixed my link? If its still not working for others I'll try deleting and re adding it.

My inbox is frequently full HL.
  • Tixy
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:
    report.gif
    Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.
    PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills