PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Bought 7 books in total today, including some on my list: "Eleanor Orliphant is Completely Fine" as part of a 3-for-£1 deal, and Yuval Noah Harari's "Sapiens" for £1. Total spend: £3.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Both great books VfM4me

Bexster :)
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BHF in Kidderminster today: nice pair of Per Una striped "long" shorts, iyswim. Hardly worn, £3.99
    Normal people worry me.
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    I donated three things to a CS today and bought none.

*Insert halo emoji*
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went for a mooch in the £1 CS today as my mum was visiting. She's always amazed by the things I buy for a pound but wouldn't dream of wearing anything from a CS unfortunately!

Anyway, today I got:

A bright coral elasticated waist skirt, originally River Island. Very comfy and flattering!
    A black and white print top, slightly cropped in a nice floaty fabric. The brand is Staring At Stars which I'd never heard of, but a quick Google revels is sold at Urban Outfitters.
    A classic blue and white striped shirt, TM Lewin.
    A long khaki floaty "shirt" style top with a silver zip down the front. It's only F&F, but for £1, I'm not complaining! It's long enough on me that I think it'll look great in winter with some thick tights and nice boots.
    A muted baby pink strappy t shirt with cut out detailing at the front, Warehouse. Quite simple, but feels nice quality.
    An oversized chunky knit cardigan in a lovely deep purple/wine colour, Limited Colletection M&S. It looks barely worn.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Went to a couple of outdoor events with market stalls - will not be posting Carboot or cs triumphs as blew whole months mad money on chunks of elm & yew, ideal for various projects.
    Elm blinking hard to source post Dutch Elm Disease so very pleased & yew, well, one bit *may* be longbow material. (Plenty else if not, mind!) Taller than me, heavy & yet my childhood fetching-wood-for-the-fire stood me in excellent stead for hefting it back to the car on one shoulder.
    Lads though narked at being pressed into pack animal role, relieved can sleep in tomorrow as no Carboot...
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had a nice chazzer haul today: 3 books including an Eric Berne, a stainless steel ornate letter rack and a scarf at 50p each and a bag of baking goodies (cake pans, cutters and stamps) for £1.50. I left the establishment happy.

If anyone does visit Southend-on-Sea, there are some good chazzer bargains to be had - just not actually on the main High Street itself! That said, the new Barnardos is better priced than the BHF and Fair Havens.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    A very nice, nearly-new John Rocha long sleeved shirt for OH.
    £1.00 Air Ambulance.

Oh, and I donated all my change to Guide Dogs for the Blind - it's one of the few charities that i give to in the street (RNLI & poppy sellers being the others).
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A look brand new pair of white Wallis crops. Perfect until I realised the inside bits of the pockets were missing. I reckon they were seconds but not a problem as I will machine them up as mock pockets. I already have some trousers made that way. For £1 its worth a bit of effort.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    A look brand new pair of white Wallis crops. Perfect until I realised the inside bits of the pockets were missing. I reckon they were seconds but not a problem as I will machine them up as mock pockets. I already have some trousers made that way. For £1 its worth a bit of effort.

A chazza find for me yesterday that required a bit of effort too :o

Saturday is supposed to be a chazza free day but finding myself in Harrogate I couldn't resist popping into a couple. Found 2 x b/n M & S quilted pillow protectors still in their packaging and showing a £5 price tag each. Chazza price....75p each so couldn't resist as been meaning to get some for a while. Put them on today only to find they are MASSIVE....much larger than a normal M & S pillow case which meant they ended up all bunched and lumpy :(. Spent an hour or so with the old sewing machine this afty taking off 2 ins at the sides and 1.5 ins along the top to make em fit. I now see that the reviews of this item on the M & S site also have several moans about the sizing...feel like adding my comments too even tho they were a barganatious chazza buy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure