'Parking Fines. You can reclaim them...' blog discussion

1234568»

Comments

• I have a parking issue, My farther normally has his hotel booking reservation texed to him on Saturday in different towns to pick vehicles up and I normally drop him off at his hotel but on this occasion, he never received his text, as the hotel is normally close to the vehicle pickup point we drove to that we seen a taxi driver parked up there and asked him where the nearest hotel was he was kind enough to drive there and allow us to follow him.
    So I drove into the Avalon hotel in Milton Keynes past a huge 2-metre sign what said PARKING IS FREE BUT PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK AS THE HOTEL WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE, I parked about 2 metres from the sign my father went into reception to find out if he was booked in there or not he returned about 20 minutes later to tell me it was not the hotel after all we phoned a few more hotels in the area to no avail so we drove all the way back to Swindon and then back the early the next day to pick the vehicle up and did not think any more about it, until about a week later I received a parking fine through the post for £100.00 from a company called Civil enforcement ltd, because apparently my father should have entered my registration in a machine in reception but I had not seen any signs apart from the huge FREE to park sign and the receptionist did not say anything about entering a registration plate, Obviously I appealed and thought that good common sense would prevail but no the appeal was rejected claiming there were signs and the receptionist does not have to mension the parking machine and no mension of the huge FREE to park sign?.
    I appealed to popala for an independent judgement and I received a reply from them a few days ago they sent me some photos civil enforcement sent them when the signs had just been put up a few years back and some other signs what must be from another site as I never seen any of them, and their photos shown a sign on the gate and that was definitely not there on the day I even made the 140 miles round trip a few days later and it was definitely not there I photographed this and also the huge FREE to park sign.
    I now await popalas decition?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have a parking issue,

Then why are you hijacking a very outdated article discussion thread...?

Posting your own thread in the correct forum, after reading the Newbies Sticky will get you the best current help anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure