PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Pumpkim
    Pumpkim Posts: 214 Forumite
    I think you're right, our solicitor invited us in to 'go through paperwork' and sign everything. We couldn't get out of work in office hours so she posted it all. There was so much to read and understand, I can see now why she recommended going through it all in her presence!
  • nikongirl
    nikongirl Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yesterday I signed the contract, TR1 and all that stuff... and then had to leave work early because I couldn't stop crying. It turns out buying a house has triggered all sorts of emotional/self-esteem issues I wasn't expecting.

Still, hopefully I'm getting closer to actually getting the keys.
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Pumpkim wrote: »
    I think you're right, our solicitor invited us in to 'go through paperwork' and sign everything. We couldn't get out of work in office hours so she posted it all. There was so much to read and understand, I can see now why she recommended going through it all in her presence!

Yes, our buyer has now signed all the docs and we have a provisional completion date.
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sigh. Five weeks in and our buyer STILL hasn't got her wage reference from work - apparently this is a common issue within the NHS? It was supposed to be issued last Friday, then this Tuesday, now they are saying this Friday. So without their formal mortgage offer stamped still, we can't proceed to exchange.
    Starting to look unlikely that we'll even be moving this month at this rate. So much for using half term to move then. :(
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    5 weeks and 2 days in - Solicitor contacts us to say waiting on one oustanding query over the garage conversion then ready to start talking dates.

20 minutes later EA's apprentice calls to say chain looking like collapsing as top of the 3 house chain getting inpatient, and that i should get solicitor to retract query as vendor has no planning permission or regs certificate. He said the council have said its fine so just take an indemnity policy.

EA's apprentice was a bit shocked when I told him I'm not arsed if it collapses and I dont take legal advice from the office b***h. Houses come and go and everything is moving smoothly.

The top of the chain has already moved into their new build so the chances of them pulling out is zero. Our vendor is happy to move into her mums and we are happy to move asap. But only once things are done correctly.
  • Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well done for holding your own there Jaglad111. Sounds like they are trying to avoid the issue.

I despair. Our solicitor asked about 22 queries from our sellers about 4 weeks ago (as on their forms they pretty much put 'don't know' or 'sold as seen' to most questions) but delayed chasing them for the replies until our buyers had caught up. Just had an email to say they never received them. !!!!!!. And meanwhile our buyers still haven't been able to provide the evidence required for their formal mortgage offer to be released. Aaaaarrrggghhh. Definitely not exchanging anytime soon then. :wall:
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Jaglad111 wrote: »

20 minutes later EA's apprentice calls to say chain looking like collapsing as top of the 3 house chain getting inpatient, and that i should get solicitor to retract query as vendor has no planning permission or regs certificate. He said the council have said its fine so just take an indemnity policy.

EA's apprentice was a bit shocked when I told him I'm not arsed if it collapses and I dont take legal advice from the office b***h. Houses come and go and everything is moving smoothly.

He's also talking nonsense. If the council are aware, then it's almost certainly impossible to obtain an indemnity policy.
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    westv wrote: »
    Yes, our buyer has now signed all the docs and we have a provisional completion date.

I was hoping it could all be done and dusted today but I guess it'll take a little longer with 3 people in the chain before a definite completion date is finally agreed.
  • Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    1 email and 1 phone call dodged now by solicitor
    Bulldog on reception mentioned , had now altered my mortgage info since vendor dropped sale price by a grand (didnt think I would need to do this ) ok anything else holding up exchange I ask to be told looking into everything else ...how vague can you be ....Phoned bank to tell them about price drop took 5 mins
    My vendor thinks we are moving in 2 weeks ish ...I dont think so
  • Jaglad111
    Jaglad111 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Thanks all

Well a follow up email from my solicitor contains our worst fears. No planning permission was granted (work done in 2002) No regs cert issued either and the freeholder never granted permission. The current owners (bought 2011) applied for regs in 2012 but never granted access so the final inspection was never done.

The house sold earlier this year and reached this point before collapsing.

I'm 3k down and very annoyed. I believe this is why it fell through last time and we have been deliberately mislead. I cant believe the EA could advertise it as a family room without any paperwork. Its only thanks to our valuation that the conversion was picked up. Gutted!:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback