Vanquis credit limit increase

Comments

• m4rc
    m4rc Posts: 315 Forumite
    Had a Vanquis card for 15 months, starting limit £500 and increased to £1500 this month. I didn't ask they just told me they were going to do it unless I said no thanks.
  • bobbydub
    bobbydub Posts: 28 Forumite
    Finally after 4 years I got a letter saying there going to increase my credit to £750 from £250.. after all this time, maybe cause i don't use it often.
  • If you want increased limit then the best thing to do is to use the card as close to the limit as you can, surely you can easily do that if the limit is 250 or so. My wife had a vanquis card which started with £300 limit, within a couple of months they increased it to £1500 and gave her a gold card. I was surprised especially because she is a housewife and not employed.
    Marriage is hard. Divorce is hard. Choose your hard.
    Obesity is hard. Being fit is hard. Choose your hard.
    Being in debt is hard. Being financially disciplined is hard. Choose your hard.
    Communication is hard. Not communicating is hard. Choose your hard.
    Life will never be easy. It will always be hard. But you can choose your hard.
  • They keep sending me applications... I haven't got the best credit so I may give them ago today and start building my credit score...
  • Just had a email saying they are increasing my credit limit to 4000 pounds !!!

Would scare the life outta me if I went anywhere near that limit
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Just had a email saying they are increasing my credit limit to 4000 pounds !!!

Would scare the life outta me if I went anywhere near that limit

£4000 @ 39.9% ouch :rotfl::rotfl:
  • A4445 wrote: »
    £4000 @ 39.9% ouch :rotfl::rotfl:

Exactly.....painful....not worth thinking about
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Had a Vanquis for about 7 months with a starting limit of £500. Been putting £100 or so on it and paying it off in full each month.

Just applied for and think I have got a Barclaycard Platinum, but need a higher limit of at least £1500 for work travel & car hire. Hopefully the Barclaycard comes through and has that limit, if not i’ll have to try to figure out what Vanquis want for a higher limit. Maybe a higher utilisation or carrying over the occasional balance?
  • When I hired a van they only took £200 deposit (Enterprise) - I assume it's the same for a car. The excess amount was £1,150, but they didn't pre-auth that.

As for Vanquis... I've got their Chrome card - 24.7% which is my cheapest. Got £1k on it in July, hoping they'll increase me soon. I do run it close to the limit though, but always pay in full.

Lucky dip whether they'll give it to me I guess!
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Yes indeed. In the Uk it’s less of an issue; with many you can use debit cards and lower excess of on credit cards. But travelling to Europe it’s often £1500+ and can only accept credit cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure