Santander PPI clause

Hi all, new here and hope someone can help!

I’ve recently put in a claim for wrongly sold PPI with Santander (dating back to an Alliance & Leicester ‘Moneyback Bank’ loan).

I’m nowhere near this having an outcome as yet but in the meantime have been asked to fill in an account details form detailing where I’d like the money paid in the event that it is approved.

There is an odd clause about reimbursing them for any losses/costs incurred by them in the course of my claim, just above the signature box. Can this be right as it sounds suspect! Any advice or similar experiences welcome!

Thank you :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    What exactly does it say?

Is it the standard condition that any redress will be offset against any outstanding debts etc?
  • Hi - thanks for the quick reply. That!!!8217;s the one:

!!!8220;I am responsible and agree to reimburse any losses or costs incurred by you as a result of your acting on my instructions in relation to any payment of redress!!!8221;

Thanks !!!55357;!!!56397;
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Much as I'd like the try it on cases and people complaining about a product they never had to have to pay the banks for wasting the time, I don't believe anyone is actually billed for their complaint, however they can offset any refund against old unpaid debts (including money written off)
  • charlie1104
    charlie1104 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help! Trying to trace various Alliance & Leicester loans going back to the 1990s. Santander who now deal with them are trying the "we only hold records for 6 years" stock reply and want to draw a line under this. I've contacted the ombudsman and they just reiterate what Santander tell them, not much help at all. Also, trying to get my bank to see if they can go back through old statements - but dont hold out much hope.

I wonder if anyone has had any joy with the Santander at all.

thanks
    Charlie
  • [Deleted User]
    If Santander don't have data, and neither do you, then you've run out of options.

Your bank statements won't help, as they won't show any PPI breakdown.
  • charlie1104
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help! Trying to trace various Alliance & Leicester loans going back to the 1990s. Santander who now deal with them are trying the "we only hold records for 6 years" stock reply and want to draw a line under this. I've contacted the ombudsman and they just reiterate what Santander tell them, not much help at all. Also, trying to get my bank to see if they can go back through old statements - but dont hold out much hope.

I wonder if anyone has had any joy with the Santander at all.

thanks
    Charlie
  • [Deleted User]
    See above....
  • charlie1104
    thanks for your reply. I've managed to get other PPI account numbers from TSB Statements in the past and proceeded from there.

Very frustrating when you know you definitely had PPI, as they wouldn't allow you to have a loan without it at the time
  • [Deleted User]
    One consolation may be that if it genuinely was a condition of sale, then it couldn't have been mis sold.
  • charlie1104
    not sure if legally they would have been allowed to do this? I know when you phoned back then it was a "fully protected loan" ie you are getting PPI regardless. At the time I worked for a life assurance company and had
    many forms of insurance for death, long term sickness, redundancy etc so seriously didnt need it. However, it made no difference to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure