online application

Breamfod
Breamfod Posts: 28 Forumite
edited 4 July 2018 at 10:30PM in Bankruptcy & living with it
the cab have never done an online application. So mine is their first. I am seeing them next week to check the form (took me and my support worker five hours in total now ) cab lady has no idea on timescales. So
1. how long before i get a call
2. do they instantly freeze my bank account (its already a co-op cashminder)
3. or is it frozen after they phone me.
i am not allowed to go overdrawn in my co op account so i am worried if i take money out to live on at accounts frozen will money go in there with my benefit (esa)
i have a paypal normal account do i have to put that on the form too - it only uses my co op account and i don't have their credit card
my support worker needs to help me take the call has anyone with mental health problems aware if we can pre-arrange the call. Due to my anxiety

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Breamfod,

When you submit your bankruptcy application the adjudicator will make a decision within 28 days. If you are declared bankrupt you will receive an email to confirm that. After that the Official Receiver (OR) will be in touch to do the interview. Unfortunately, there isn't a set timescale on this, but typically it happen within a few weeks of the approval of the order.

Your bank account would normally be dealt with as part of the interview and it can be frozen even though it is a basic account. If you need money for basic expenses you can make the request to the OR who can release the funds for this.

You shouldn't need to declare your Paypal account as part of the application, but unfortunately, it may be impacted by the bankruptcy. And you should normally be made aware of the interview with the OR ahead of time so you can arrange support. I hope that helps,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • PaulL2
    PaulL2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    1. Mine was the next working day. They're usually with in a day or two
    2 & 3. My co-op account went about 2 weeks after bankruptcy being declared. I just couldn't log-in so assumed they'd frozen it (it was empty and I'd set up a basic account which was never touched so you might be alright)

The decision as to closure is for the bank not the OR. If they decide to close it, you will be given a cheque for any outstanding balance (possibly not if you owe co-op bank money elsewhere). You can then set-up a new basic account and use it for benefits etc.

I wouldn't mention Paypal unless you owe them money or have money in there. If it's just a zero balance I wouldn't mention it.
  • Breamfod
    Thanks, I have submitted it on line today. CAB had a read through and myself and my support worker met at thne bureau. So its just waiting now. Only thing CAB said to take cash out my account in case they freeze before my rent goes out so i can pay my ldlord cash but i thought after i submitted i should have put cash as a figure not zero hey ho i guess i can explain at my phone call. CAB said to tell my landlord. but i think i am just going to wait and see 1. if they agree i can go bankrupt as some debts are ten years old (but they are acknowledged continuously as ive been paying token payments out of my account. no my co op is a cashminder and i don't owe they anything.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I would expect you to get the email on Thursday. There shouldn't be any problem with your bankruptcy being approved.

Keep us updated
  • Breamfod
    i hope so, its been a tough day today
  • Breamfod
    Update : I submitted at 17.00 yesterday it!!!8217;s showing my bankruptcy order today with docs attached on my files online. I now waiting for letter and /or phone call from OR
  • PaulL2
    PaulL2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hope it's all gone well. It's an awkward feeling, now and the next year. Like when you're at the dentist and he pulls out his tools for a second and you're not sure if he's going to shove them back in there... but rest assured it's all for the best! :)
  • Breamfod
    Letter today and with authorities for mr to sign and return to or she had said she does not need to interview me so that’s a relief. Will my bank account remain open and not frozen then ?
  • Breamfod
    I’ve taken more cash out but can’t get anything more until next week nowwhen money goes in
  • Breamfod wrote: »
    Letter today and with authorities for mr to sign and return to or she had said she does not need to interview me so that’s a relief. Will my bank account remain open and not frozen then ?

depends.....who's your current bank?
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family