Job offer.

Hi,

So I've been offered a new job and am quite keen however it's been a long time to get the offer through and I assumed it was going to be a no until today.

I saw another job during the wait that is very similar but offers a few more things I'm after and much nearer to home.

I told the recruiter yes I want the original job but I've possibly got a shot at the 2nd one now.

If I accept the 1st contract and then later decide I want to take the 2nd job does anyone know the legalities please? When does the recruiter for the 1st job get paid etc?

Any info welcome.

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    When and how they get paid is not really your concern. If the other job is offered and you device to take it, you just politely explain, thank them and move on. It's not unusual and employers understand that people need to look after themselves. Good luck.
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi,

If I accept the 1st contract and then later decide I want to take the 2nd job does anyone know the legalities please? When does the recruiter for the 1st job get paid etc?

Any info welcome.

Legalities?

If you don't start the first job, the agency won't be paid by their client. You don't owe the agency anything.

The point at which the agency can invoice the client will be in their terms of business with the client. There may be stage payments or means of recovery if someone starts but leaves before a specified amount of time has passed.

Don't worry about it.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Never think the agency is working on your behalf because they're only interested in themselves.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    The agency is working for themselves and the employer because they don't get paid if a person isn't employed AND remains in the job for a period of time. There was only thread on the board where the job seeker had to pay a fee to the agency if they didn't stay in the job for x weeks. Just make sure there is nothing along those lines with this agency. I'd never heard anything along those lines before.
  • Look after yourself
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport