Banned from home shopping

2»

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I do all appreciate your views. Like some of you say yes I shouldn't of sworn. it was down to the discretion of the supermarket manager at the time to feel I should be banned for my conduct on the basis of safeguarding his employees. It is very true there are other supermarkets but this one to me is the cheapest. I did apologise I guess I will just have accept the decision.

Once again

Thank you
    There is a lot to be said for having good grace, and credit where it's due, you have shown it.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    When we used ocado they would happily take shopping into the kitchen.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My disabled neighbours have their shopping delivered from a variety of supermarkets from Iceland to Ocado, and the drivers always bring the shopping into the kitchen for them, so it does seem to be standard practise.

Good on the OP for apologising - so many go off in a huff when they don't get the response they want. Hope your deliveries get reinstated OP.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Tesco will always bring into the kitchen for me, however the crates are placed on the floor, not a shelf.
  • katiekittykat
    katiekittykat Posts: 9,622 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When Tesco have delivered to me they have asked where and how I wanted the shopping. They were very helpful

Not all supermarkets will bring them in the house at all
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OP why not use a different supermarket? You may be banned from one but it's unlikely you'd be blacklisted from all of them.

Next, think about different ways to apologise- the person unpacking your shopping is unlikely to be getting any extra pay for doing this and at the same time it's probably going to mean he/she struggles to complete the next delivery or following deliveries on time, they are doing this as an almost-friend. If you'd acted like this towards a friend, how and what would you do to make it up to them? You'd probably use a lot more effort than seeking their authority, you could try asking if you could apologise in person to the delivery man/women. You could offer them flowers/chocolate/a cinema ticket...etc (just thinking of ways to apologise if you'd offended a friend). Use this to get ideas but also to motivate things a little differently- it's not just the company I'd be wanting to apologise to in order to be taken seriously, it's also the delivery person too.
    And if that doesn't work, shop elsewhere, there are other places to buy food.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think this one is way past any amount of flowers or chocolates it's dead move on and find another shopping delivery.
  • Bigfoot6000
    Bigfoot6000 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Many thanks for your further replies. In respect to mentioning a shelf I should of been more specific in saying work surface. I hope no one thinks I was trying to get them to reach beyond a normal area. I do like the opinion of a personal apology and to the reason why I would of liked to carry on in home shopping was because it is one of the cheapest. But it seems not even the current manager can return my calls so maybe they are just not interested. I respect everyone's comments however it is seen from anyone reading :)
  • welshbabe88
    welshbabe88 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Well I've disabled too and have had Tesco home delivery for years. Always helpful and they come into the kitchen and put the crates in the table. Hubby and I unload the stuff (in bags) but if we are slow the driver will lift out some stuff as well - I'm sure if I was on my own they'd do the heavy stuff.
    I've also tried Aldi and they were the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure