Retirement & moving away present?

Hi there,

I have friends that have retired and moved away quite a distance and are having a party in a couple of weeks. I really don't know what to buy as a gift? I am sharing a taxi with 2 other people who I am close with, as we all know each other from Slimming World.

We were considering chipping in for one gift between the 3 of us, but nothing has come about, as I've not had time to look. I need to speak to the other 2 to see if they have already bought anything.

Any suggestions for a gift please? I haven't thought of a budget to be honest.

Thank you.
Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I think your best bet is to talk to your friends and see what you can come up with between you.

Without knowing what their interests are - and no budget set - it's hard to offer any suggestions.
  • BusyBargainz
    BusyBargainz Posts: 199 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We had a friend retire and move from Norwich to Newcastle.
    We bought them a Norwich City garden gnome and a bench for the garden as that's where they now spend most of their time.

Work out what sort of budget you have between you and then you may find it easier to narrow down the type of gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure