Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    The-Wife - Hope your grand littlies

Marg - the turtle you saw wasn't Meljens one? was it?

Afternoon ladies, well its been an eventful day, I sliced off part of my finger tip and it took 4 hours to stop bleeding, I am now too scared to removed the rather soggy red plaster incase it starts again!! Hope everyone is ok? Amazing how much I use my small finger to type!! Grrr!

Copics have released 36 new pens :j :j just means I need to find another £70 to buy them :rotfl:
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Vicspense congratulations on your win

Rusty ouch hope your finger is okay now

Half way through a course this week, in the theme of regulations and rules really hard going and my brain is a bit fried roll on Friday, think I might have a glass of wine later to try and chill a bit, going to order a few new bits and bobs but need to clear up my craft room it really is a tip :eek:
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, Peppop & Louby for your help with my search for a[STRIKE] star[/STRIKE] turtle but biggest thanks to Rusty that's exactly the one I was after don't know why I hadn't thought of Meljen I love her stuff.

Hope your finger is OK - Rusty - I'm not brave either.

Artydoll - thanks for asking about my poor cat - she's not quite walking 'right' IYSWIM but doesn't seem to be in any pain - we've got to phone tomorrow for test results for her general health/weight loss. She is 17 this year.

Peppop - can't help you with pricing could you do a test run & see how long it actually takes - it looks complicated to me. :)
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hello ladies x

PepPop, I would try and charge depending on cost of materials and how long it takes to make. I have a figure of £7.50 in my head, is that anywhere near your figure?

Rusty, has the parcel that you are not allowed to open arrived? Your finger sounds sore, have you removed the plaster yet...?

Marg, it was my pleasure xxx

Been at an indoor playcentre for most of the day and then helping DS1 with his Victorian homework since leaving off time. I am making cherry tomato soup for my tea with cheesy garlic bread (in this month's Good Food mag). Boys are having something out of the freezer as they both said yuck to my delicious looking soup :(
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • viclspence
    Options
    Woohoo, well I won the prize yesterday and its turned up today and they all look fantastic, just got to use some now!
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    ooohhhh nooooo Rusty - have you taken the plaster off yet - I was bad enough taking the little one off from my bloods yesterday - yep chicken!

My morning went like this:
    woke up was p ing down with rain - thought good will have to take DD to school
    DD got up and sorted by herself - not good
    got to school leaving time - stopped raining - not good
    thought ok there'll be traffic - didn't speed, no traffic, lights on green, even the ones for me to cross the roads walking in were green :mad::mad:

walked in at 9:13 - set eyes on boss 2pm (bonus) are you ok deb (I hate her calling me that) she says in cheery voice from behind me- yes (I replied in auto pilot) actually no I'm not - hears panic in her voice - thought OMG now what do I say I never ever say anything just mutter under my breath and take it so told her I'd been for some tests as I'd not been feeling well for ages short conversation about blood tests which ended saying oh I must get the results of mine and wandering off :rotfl::rotfl:

I was braver than usual and have set the scene should anything else become necessary - didn't feel comfortable having a go at her in the middle of the office back in again tomorrow though :)

OH is away again tonight - DD has a friend for tea so will throw her in the bath and start crafting - I have an itch for some more proper stamps am getting fed up with fighting with the printer and my images not being the size I thought they would be :D.

Soooooooooooo if you had roughly £25 - £30 to spend on proper rubber stamps where would you shop and what would you buy? And (you're not gonna believe this) but no bears lol!
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • viclspence
    Options
    viclspence wrote: »
    Woohoo, well I won the prize yesterday and its turned up today and they all look fantastic, just got to use some now!

Also, can anyone suggest a way of storing them, cwc do a specific box with 13 little boxes, so will need two and they are £5 each plus p&p but can anyone suggest anything else?
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Hello ladies x

PepPop, I would try and charge depending on cost of materials and how long it takes to make. I have a figure of £7.50 in my head, is that anywhere near your figure?

Rusty, has the parcel that you are not allowed to open arrived? Your finger sounds sore, have you removed the plaster yet...?

Marg, it was my pleasure xxx

Been at an indoor playcentre for most of the day and then helping DS1 with his Victorian homework since leaving off time. I am making cherry tomato soup for my tea with cheesy garlic bread (in this month's Good Food mag). Boys are having something out of the freezer as they both said yuck to my delicious looking soup :(

Nothing yet I am afraid :( maybe tomorrow ... :) can't wait to see it :j :j
    ooohhhh nooooo Rusty - have you taken the plaster off yet - I was bad enough taking the little one off from my bloods yesterday - yep chicken!

My morning went like this:
    woke up was p ing down with rain - thought good will have to take DD to school
    DD got up and sorted by herself - not good
    got to school leaving time - stopped raining - not good
    thought ok there'll be traffic - didn't speed, no traffic, lights on green, even the ones for me to cross the roads walking in were green :mad::mad:

walked in at 9:13 - set eyes on boss 2pm (bonus) are you ok deb (I hate her calling me that) she says in cheery voice from behind me- yes (I replied in auto pilot) actually no I'm not - hears panic in her voice - thought OMG now what do I say I never ever say anything just mutter under my breath and take it so told her I'd been for some tests as I'd not been feeling well for ages short conversation about blood tests which ended saying oh I must get the results of mine and wandering off :rotfl::rotfl:

I was braver than usual and have set the scene should anything else become necessary - didn't feel comfortable having a go at her in the middle of the office back in again tomorrow though :)

OH is away again tonight - DD has a friend for tea so will throw her in the bath and start crafting - I have an itch for some more proper stamps am getting fed up with fighting with the printer and my images not being the size I thought they would be :D.

Soooooooooooo if you had roughly £25 - £30 to spend on proper rubber stamps where would you shop and what would you buy? And (you're not gonna believe this) but no bears lol!

Glad you have said something, fingers crossed it all works out for you ...

£25-£30 and no bears ... well you could look at Whimsy stamps who have a variety of things, I love their stamps and have a few of them ... or you could look at Ladybug Crafts Ink again they do a whole range of various stamps and I love them all :j or you could do whipper snapper if you can wait for postage, I ordered on the 1st, it was posted on the 2nd and arrived yesterday :j

I have had a horrid afternoon with my finger weeping continuously! I had to take off the soaked plaster tonight when my friend came to pick up her son and she was going to help put a new one on ... it had stuck :( so had to pull it off and the bleeding started again :( its quite deep!! I ended up round my MIL's and she has dressed it properly for me with strict instructions to go and see Pauls Aunt if it keeps bleeding as she is a nurse!
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    Flourgirl - Could you recommend a DST for the lace you put on that stunning card you sent me? and also one you use for your boxes? the strongest one I have used is from poundland but that appears to be peeling slightly
  • RustyFlange
    edited 9 February 2011 at 8:21PM
    Options
    viclspence wrote: »
    Also, can anyone suggest a way of storing them, cwc do a specific box with 13 little boxes, so will need two and they are £5 each plus p&p but can anyone suggest anything else?

Hi, right at Imag-e-nation they have ATC boxes, which are the same boxes that CWC use, think they were either 3 for £1 or 5 for £1, I am trying to find them on the website if I can then I will send a link.

Edit - This is the kind of thing here this is what the card candy store is like at CWC ...

If you prefer something a little prettier then look at the smaller RUBs, something like this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport