Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Good morning all, lovely cold crisp but sunny morning here, due to change later though.

Love the lamp in the background TM :D

I had the 5 day message too, just changed it to the same one.

Just heard on the local news about the dog walkers taking dogs onto grazing land again. Hate it when the dog walkers say "my dog wouldn't hurt a sheep/cow", problem being even if they chase them they can cause them to lose their young. You hear loud mouthed townies saying they have the right to let their dog off the lead when there is cattle or sheep grazing, no-one can stop them, but the signs are there for a reason, you should not let a loose dog around animals :mad::mad:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all :)
    I!!!8217;ve been away for a few days and the WiFi was almost non existent. No chance of catching up so hope everyone is well. Valentine hugs and kisses to all who want them :heart2:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    tweets wrote: »
    Poppy says :heart2: is in the air

27994413_10211424968245446_1123015011_n.jpg

Lovely tweets. :A

Happy Valentine's Day.
    I have bought a card for son to send his gf, notice it's still unopened in his room!
    Think I've been interfering. :eek::rotfl:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Good morning all, lovely cold crisp but sunny morning here, due to change later though.

Just heard on the local news about the dog walkers taking dogs onto grazing land again. Hate it when the dog walkers say "my dog wouldn't hurt a sheep/cow", problem being even if they chase them they can cause them to lose their young. You hear loud mouthed townies saying they have the right to let their dog off the lead when there is cattle or sheep grazing, no-one can stop them, but the signs are there for a reason, you should not let a loose dog around animals :mad::mad:

Can you remember me telling you all a while back about the lady who keeps moving our bin to help out her OH on his bin round. :rotfl:

Well she knocked on our door the other day (bin day)and asked if we would mind her letting her dog loose in our field for a bit of a run around. (Sheep are next door and accessible through hedges)

:eek::eek:
    No just no:eek:

Anyway Fred’s here pipping his horn:D

Off to the pineapple volcanos or something:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Lovely tweets. :A

Happy Valentine's Day.
    I have bought a card for son to send his gf, notice it's still unopened in his room!
    Think I've been interfering. :eek::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You must like her:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Morning all :wave:

I have only just managed to change password from the original message last week, hope this isn't going to be a weekly problem !!
    Hi, glad you got back on.
    Good morning all, lovely cold crisp but sunny morning here, due to change later though.

Where we walk Bobby the farmer puts his cows in one of the fields so it makes the walks very ......interesting.....as he moves them from field to field and there's nothing more Bobby likes than rolling in a ripe cow pat :eek: I totally agree, we love walking in the countryside but its lead on until we are well past the cows. I must be honest winter walks are far more enjoyable as we just let him out of the back of the van and off he goes. We saw a kingfisher too on sunday :D
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Good morning all

TM That is the only valentine's rhyme I remember and was too you to understand it when it was popular in primary school:rotfl:

Lovely orchid DH has one the same I don't do plants It has re flowered 3 times :j

I got DH a 99p card Huge card from the card factory but only because of the words and he remembered why not bad after 45 years :smileyhea:happylove

Enjoy your day
  • Hi, glad you got back on.

Where we walk Bobby the farmer puts his cows in one of the fields so it makes the walks very ......interesting.....as he moves them from field to field and there's nothing more Bobby likes than rolling in a ripe cow pat :eek: I totally agree, we love walking in the countryside but its lead on until we are well past the cows. I must be honest winter walks are far more enjoyable as we just let him out of the back of the van and off he goes. We saw a kingfisher too on sunday :D

We still run into cattle on our walks in the winter, not extreme winter but when it is relatively mild. I do love it when we see a kingfisher though, such a beautiful flash of colour :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,935 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    MSE are aware of the 5 day password renewal issue.

In the meantime I suggest people save their old password as their new one.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • michaels wrote: »
    Can't find any info on the 500 points - is it a new customer deal?
    No, was a message for existing customers that had already signed up by 7/2/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure