Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2018 at 6:36PM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's a dream meal for me:drool:. Just reading it makes me feel like changing my meal plan.

Really enjoyed it. It's not something we have very often. Really must remember simple things like this when I next meal plan - not doing much in the way of meal planning on holiday at least not like I do at home!

:T majorica on your loss and :T to kathrynha and stoke on your STS which is very good going under the circumstances!

It's definitely stopping me getting back on plan properly. I think it'll be Monday before I can really focus. :o

It's something I'd like to try. May I ask if you cook beef joints in the SC as someone else was telling me they're delicious? And why do you brown the chicken in the oven? Surely you're not planning on eating the skin?:eek:

I've done beef joints in the SC and it comes out really moist and believe it or not it is also often pink in the middle, if that's how you like it (which we do) but of course no guarantee, depends on the joint I would think.

Didn't manage to post yesterday as I got side tracked. I went out for a delicious lunch: a fish platter with cod, haddock, scallops, prawns and a tiny fishcake. With new potatoes and salad, the only syns were in the little fishcake and the pan frying and I drank fizzy water. That was fine until DH suggested a drink with last night's football. Tonight's going to be just the same as will the weekend. I'll have a good day tomorrow and then start again Monday. :)

That would be one of my dream meals when eating out, low syn too! I don't eat enough fish but do really enjoy it.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans. HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: veggie (mushroom, courgette, peppers) omelette with pickles
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: Parmesan (might reclaim some from HEA) and wine syns.:footie:

P.S. Where will you be hiding on Sunday denise?:D:rotfl:

Back in the sewing room, :rotfl:. I've got plenty of fabric which really needs to be used!

Tonight I'm planning on cutting up a dress I bought in Jamaica a couple of years ago. Hate the dress but love the fabric! Planning on cutting off at armhole level and making it into a long skirt.

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Bubbs.
    I did ring but she was on answer phone.
    Haven't bothered since.
    Ideally 1.5 - 2 stone would be nice.
    Can't think of it like that though, so 7lb would be acceptable, mentally!

Yes thats the way too look at it , you can do this :D:D:D
    She was probably doing a group, most have the most days x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    100_9013_1.jpg
    This was lush:heartsmil hubby says there is something missing thought he was going to say sausage :rotfl: but no said egg, i said well you couldnt fit one on the plate:eek:he said yes on top, its free so why not:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All
    Reporting in with a -2lb
    Pretty happy with that as I had my fish and chips monthly treat on Sunday.
    Today
    Didn't have time for breakfast and had to skip lunch as I worked through so I could go to ds last primary school production did eat 2 cereal bars on the train home so hexb.
    Dinner was kedgeree from freezer, may have kitkat later 5.5 syns
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • bubbs
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Evening All
    Reporting in with a -2lb
    Pretty happy with that as I had my fish and chips monthly treat on Sunday.
    Today
    Didn't have time for breakfast and had to skip lunch as I worked through so I could go to ds last primary school production did eat 2 cereal bars on the train home so hexb.
    Dinner was kedgeree from freezer, may have kitkat later 5.5 syns

Well done, good loss:T:T:T
  • joedenise
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Back in the sewing room, :rotfl:. I've got plenty of fabric which really needs to be used!

Tonight I'm planning on cutting up a dress I bought in Jamaica a couple of years ago. Hate the dress but love the fabric! Planning on cutting off at armhole level and making it into a long skirt.

Denise

Was hoping to just cut down the dress and hem around the top and thread some elastic through it but it's so wide it won't work so going to have to look for a pattern:mad:. Patterns are so expensive now so it'll have to wait until I'm back from holiday.

Realised after I'd said I'd do more sewing on Sunday I won't even be here:rotfl:, I'll be away in the motorhome in Stratford upon Avon!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 July 2018 at 8:34PM
    Options

Realised after I'd said I'd do more sewing on Sunday I won't even be here:rotfl:, I'll be away in the motorhome in Stratford upon Avon!

Denise

That's what I thought unless your motorhome is so luxurious it has a sewing room! :D

We had a super break around Stratford last Autumn. All the usual Shakespeare stuff ( can recommend the hop on/ hop off bus) but also some great National Trust properties if that's your thing.

Change of plan for dinner. No Bolognaise left in freezer so had veggie chilli making it an accidental Green day. I'll have to do some batch cooking as HM ready meals getting low.

Croatia just scored! Back to match now it's getting more interesting! :D
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was hoping to just cut down the dress and hem around the top and thread some elastic through it but it's so wide it won't work so going to have to look for a pattern:mad:. Patterns are so expensive now so it'll have to wait until I'm back from holiday.

Denise

Can you use something you already have to cut round? This should help.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Can I just say I did not watch the game tonight despite no dress tokens coming my way.

Obviously the curse of the game being on ITV was greater than my lucky knickers could overcome.

I did however bag this FC7_C2_B20-74_F3-4_CC6-_B2_C4-0_EAFA8_ABC4_A9.jpg

for the wedding of a son of very good friends next year....yes I know it's early but got it for less than £20 so am very pleased with that.
  • joedenise
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Can you use something you already have to cut round? This should help.

I only have one skirt and that's another long one. This material is a bit of a handkerchief hemline so it's much shorter at the sides - getting too old to wear skirts that short:rotfl:.

Really annoyed with myself as last week I had a clear out of all my old patterns because I don't really wear dresses and skirts very often so only kept a couple of dress patterns and only one skirt pattern! The only reason I kept that one was because there were a couple of trouser patterns as well and was intending to have a go at some trousers this winter - once all the main travelling is over!

Have just folded the material up and put away again - but at least I didn't have to put up with the World Cup:D, although I did see some of the extra time.

It's WI for me this morning and hoping I've done enough to have lost at least a lb to give me a bit of leeway over the 2 week holiday (currently only 1/2lb inside top end!).

Back later with results and my menu plan.

Maman the only crafting I do in the motorhome, and not very often is a bit of crochet. I'm planning on doing some poppies this holiday as our big town is planning a display of poppies, both knitted and crocheted around the town. So will see how many I can get done before the deadline of mid October. Probably not very many because I've only recently started crocheting again so am quite slow and I've got 6 weeks of holidays between now and then:D.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport