CCJ debt ruled unjust

I was issued with a CCJ in 2017 relating to a car finance debt.

I was recently contacted by the creditor (Money Barn) and informed that due to a recent investigation by the FCA my debt with the company was found to be unjust. And, as a result, my full debt with them has been cleared (almost £11,000, despite the fact the car was returned and the original debt was only £9,000) and a refund for various payments are due to be returned to me.

As the original debt has been ruled unjust, am I likely to get this CCJ removed from my credit file? I've contacted the CC asking how to proceed.

Surely they should be somewhat accountable, if the FCA themselves have ruled that this debt was unfair, then why did the court themselves back it?

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    rayjay01 wrote: »
    I was issued with a CCJ in 2017 relating to a car finance debt.

I was recently contacted by the creditor (Money Barn) and informed that due to a recent investigation by the FCA my debt with the company was found to be unjust. And, as a result, my full debt with them has been cleared (almost £11,000, despite the fact the car was returned and the original debt was only £9,000) and a refund for various payments are due to be returned to me.

As the original debt has been ruled unjust, am I likely to get this CCJ removed from my credit file? I've contacted the CC asking how to proceed.

Surely they should be somewhat accountable, if the FCA themselves have ruled that this debt was unfair, then why did the court themselves back it?

You're putting the cart before the horse.

The court ruled in their favour at the time and then the FCA decided against it years later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure