Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm getting bored with "Victoria", but I expect I'll carry on watching it. It seems disjointed, a lot of the language isn't correct, and it reminds me of a soap, you know, we must have something super-dramatic in every episode.

At least with Poldark, the cinematography is superb, the music is authentic-sounding, and the attention to historic detail is an education.

I record both, so I can fast forward the ads in one, and rewind the other if I get distracted.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    edited 3 October 2016 at 6:49AM
    Forgot to tell you about this, that happened on the journey back from Dubrovnik airport.......

It was a bit annoying, because we boarded the plane dead on time, and everyone was on really quickly, and we were all set to depart dead on time, when the pilot announced that we couldn't go because there was a log-jam at Gatwick due to bad weather.....fog and rain apparently. All very strange.

So we had a half-hour wait on the tarmac with no engines running; because of the delay, the very jovial pilot invited people to see the cockpit! I was straight up there, of course! Sat in the captain's seat, wore a pilot's hat, and had my photo taken with my hand on the controls!
    (How old am I? I know, I know!) Well. I thought I'd probably never get another chance of sitting in a BA pilot's seat on a commercial aircraft! Other people had the excuse of taking their children up there, but, hell , I'm not proud! At least I was honest that it was me who wanted to play at being pilots! :rotfl:

Then when we got to Gatwick, it was sunshine! So flummoxed about the delay, but what the heck! it's an ill wind!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    That sounds like great fun Pyxis. I'd have been right up there too.

Week 2 of new job. Hoping it will be better.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • I'd have been right up there too Pyxis! :D We had a fun day at work once and we had a Fire Engine there (mainly for the kids!) and I got talking to one of the Fireman who invited me on to have a look around! (Ok, so I might have asked him if I could :p )

Hope today goes better for you code :)
  • Pyxis
    codemonkey wrote: »
    That sounds like great fun Pyxis. I'd have been right up there too.

Week 2 of new job. Hoping it will be better.

It will be better, Code. :A

Are they giving you more work to do?

If not, it might be a good idea to speak to whoever is over you. It'd be a feather in your cap, too, to ask for more work!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Don't know about everyone else, but my central heating kicked in this morning for the fist time since spring. It's on in our office building today as well, and my colleague came in and told me his had come on as well.

Winter is coming!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I haven't read Neurotribes, elsien, but you can 'look inside the book' on amazon. It looks readable to me, but I have already read a lot of autism literature.

Where did you hear of the book?
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Pyxis
    Don't know about everyone else, but my central heating kicked in this morning for the fist time since spring. It's on in our office building today as well, and my colleague came in and told me his had come on as well.

Winter is coming!

I put mine on this morning to come on for a couple of hours very early......4.30-6.30 a.m. Didn't want to, but I wondered last year whether my reluctance to do so until November was partly to blame for me being repeatedly ill, due to my breathing problems, so I gave in.
    Two hours is enough at the moment to just get rid of that bit of nip in the air when I get up.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Don't know about everyone else, but my central heating kicked in this morning

I'm glad it wasn't just me being a wuss and putting ours on this morning, I was absolutely freezing when I got out of the shower!!

Code - I hope you have a good week.

Pyxis - Your holiday sounds/looks fabulous and I would've been straight up there pretending to be a pilot too.

It's reminded me that I've got a photo of IzHe, from about 3 years ago, pretending to drive the DLR with a little inflatable steering wheel that they'd been handing out to kids. He looked very, very pleased with himself.

Due to everyone deciding to take leave at the same time, I'm the only person in my department today and the start of the month is always a busy time. Which is why I'm catching up here of course...
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2016 at 11:59AM
    We haven't had the central heating on yet, but the fire was on for a short while Friday and Saturday.

Woolly jumpers and winter boots have made an appearance already. Check out my £1 bargain that I found in a local charity shop, almost as good as new.....
    https://www.mr-shoes.co.uk/Products/wrangler-leather-biker-boots-brown#.V_I509R4Wf0

My aunty gave me loads of her and my uncles jumpers that she was taking down to the CS for me to sell on eBay, (and they always buy expensive stuff, so should get a good amount for them) but I kept a couple for myself, a cream arran Knit jumper (love them), and a navy fishermans style jumper with the leather shoulders and elbows. Men's jumpers are great because they're long enough to cover your bum and tum when wearing leggings! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback