Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Comments

• deely
    deely Posts: 383
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    bellajack wrote: »
    Ohh that's a shame! My local mac glen does have one (ashford).:j

it does have quite a few empty shops tho' so you never know?!

I did know about the one at Ashford as we sometimes take the Eurostar from there but never enough time to shop before the train arrives. Do they have many REAL bargains, or just slightly lower prices?
  • bellajack
    bellajack Posts: 332
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well it's great just to browse in as they have so many and prices are cheaper on a lot of the stock. Best time is after Christmas / New Year when there is a real sale. I buy Christmassy stuff for the next year. There are other sales from time to time as well. Asda right next to mac G so you can look in there too!
  • deely
    Forumite
    Well it's great just to browse in as they have so many and prices are cheaper on a lot of the stock. Best time is after Christmas / New Year when there is a real sale. I buy Christmassy stuff for the next year. There are other sales from time to time as well. Asda right next to mac G so you can look in there too!

gee thanks, make me jealous why don't you lol!!! I love Christmas fragrances all year round so I'd be in heaven.
  • bellajack
    Forumite
    I often go in just to sniff the lids he he.
  • deely
    Forumite
    I often go in just to sniff the lids he he.

When I go out with my mum we do that and all you can hear is "mmmmm" "ooooh" "ooh, that's nice"........

I went to Asda this afternoon and they've got some of the new Simply Home autumn/winter fragrances in £1 for the votives and wax melts. I came home and dug out an old burner and am currently burning the new Pantry Spice melt (just half a tart as it's a small burner!!) and it's lovely - will get a couple more me thinks!
    They also had some C'mas gift sets of votives 6 for £6 and a bigger set too.
  • bellajack
    Forumite
    Ooh must get to Asda - still burning Cherry Vanilla from there and it's good!
  • tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023
    Forumite
    deely wrote: »
    What are the outlet prices like generally?

We have a Mcarthur Glen on our doorstep, wish they had a Yankee shop, but then again maybe not as I 'd be there every day spending!!!,

We did the dreaded school shoe trip to cheshire oaks yesterday so I popped in to Yankee Candle for a peep. There were two scents on 50% off right by the door - a yellow citrus tango and a green margarita time, I think £10ish for a large jar is quite good if you like the smells. Nothing else was priced really cheap, there was a reduced section but mainly full of random tartlets and votives so nothing for me this time :)
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We did the dreaded school shoe trip to cheshire oaks yesterday so I popped in to Yankee Candle for a peep. There were two scents on 50% off right by the door - a yellow citrus tango and a green margarita time, I think £10ish for a large jar is quite good if you like the smells. Nothing else was priced really cheap, there was a reduced section but mainly full of random tartlets and votives so nothing for me this time :)

Those large jars - Pineapple & Citrus (cant remember exact names) were half price at £9.99 in Debenhams too so think it's prob nationwide.
    They're really nice scents but I didn't bother as prefer the medium jars or tumblers to the large ones. If they'd had other sizes I would have got them but the large jars are diffiult to light when you get near the bottom.
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Africat wrote: »
    Those large jars - Pineapple & Citrus (cant remember exact names) were half price at £9.99 in Debenhams too so think it's prob nationwide.
    They're really nice scents but I didn't bother as prefer the medium jars or tumblers to the large ones. If they'd had other sizes I would have got them but the large jars are diffiult to light when you get near the bottom.

I agree the large jars look great especially for pressies, but you burn your hand when it gets lower and the jar goes black.
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
  • deely
    Forumite
    I always use the lighters that are very long and reach to the bottom of the large jars no problem. I got one from Home Bargains for about a pound so well worth the money as they are refillable too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback