PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

Comments

• greengoblin
    greengoblin Posts: 153 Forumite
    As a serial roll up smoker I often find that I have left over odd papers and filters when I come to the end of a pouch of tobacco. Rather than carry round a 1/4 of a pack when I buy new tobacco I just buy new filters/papers and discard the rest. For the last month I have conscientiously been putting remnant packets to one side and tonight have made up full packets. Surprised to find I have 2 whole packets of filters (240!) and over 50 papers. In fairness that is a net saving of under £2 but hey its £2 for the savings pot and I haven't wasted them and also £2 off next weeks food shop. ( or £24 over a year. £24 potentially wasted on little bits of foam!!! :eek:) Hurrah for small victories :beer:
    All that is gold does not glitter
    All those who wander are not lost

:starmod:Recycle ALL the things!:starmod: :p
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nice one Puss14

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Boomdocker
    Boomdocker Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If I buy or recieve anything with a ribbon on it (such as PJ's from Primark) I always keep the ribbon from it to re-use on my hampers or gifts. No-one will ever know!
    Boots Card - £17.53, Nectar Points - £15.06 - *Saving for Chrimbo*
    2015 Savings Fund - £2575.00
  • ^ hehe Im a nightmare for doing things like that, I had loads of ribbons saved from some expensive xmas crackers, which I later made into gift tag ribbons ;)
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I cut the ribbons from the inside shoulders of tops and jumpers and use it in card making. I sell my cards for £1 a time, so this little bit of thrift gives me a very good return.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • zoelb_2
    zoelb_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Thanks for all the tips so far - really useful. This thread is shaping up to be as good as the last :)

My tip is dying my clothes. Mainly my black jeans tend to fade after time, but still have plenty of wear in them - so I get a pack of black dylon machine dye (around £4 but you can find it cheaper I think) and dye them (throw in a couple of light tops too you want to revive to get the most out of it). I also dyed a pair of light wash jeans which I never wear, but love the fit, a lovely dark denim colour, and now I wear them loads!

Easier than scouring the shops for the perfect fit jeans, and cheaper too!
  • curlytop12
    curlytop12 Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 May 2010 at 6:04PM
    Lauren-1,ooooh,please tell us about your beauty products!
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    zoelb wrote: »
    Thanks for all the tips so far - really useful. This thread is shaping up to be as good as the last :)

My tip is dying my clothes. Mainly my black jeans tend to fade after time, but still have plenty of wear in them - so I get a pack of black dylon machine dye (around £4 but you can find it cheaper I think) and dye them (throw in a couple of light tops too you want to revive to get the most out of it). I also dyed a pair of light wash jeans which I never wear, but love the fit, a lovely dark denim colour, and now I wear them loads!

Easier than scouring the shops for the perfect fit jeans, and cheaper too!
    thanks for this tip, as a tall person i find it hard getting jeans that fit, and they are usually expensive, going to buy some of this dye tommorrow, and revive my old jeans :T
    loves to knit and crochet for others
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure