£125 Lloyds Switch Offer 1 October to 12 November 2019

Options

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    frago wrote: »
    Hi, I switched an old account to Club Lloyds to get the £125 incentive, and I've decided to switch it out (to my Barclays account, for the multiple blue rewards offer). Does anyone know how do I opt out of the Club Lloyds benefits? (I chose Gourmet society when I opened the account). Is there a way to opt out online? I'm in the 7-day switch period so I won't have access to the Club Lloyds account for much longer. Thanks.

You don't need to opt out; when the account closes with the switch it'll automatically cancel it.
  • Tammydreaper
    Options
    Cheers Al,thanks for the info,helped a lot,unlike some:beer:
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Another £125 paid today with switch date this coming Friday, that's the Christmas and New Year drink paid for now.

Only hassle we've had on both accounts was adding phone numbers and the resulting 48 hour wait to then be able to then set up new accounts to bounce the £1500 back and forth.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Can't comment on your Monzo account specifically, but I've done several switches in the past and some banks take longer than others to remove details of the 'switched' account. Never had an account which was left open though, as that would defeat the purpose of CASS:cool:

I've switched out a Monzo account in the past and although the account does close, when you log into the app it displays your account details as if it still open. The card does get cancelled however and any payments do get redirected.
  • Missus_Hyde
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]Thought I would share this information in case anyone else was wondering as I was and have not actually read it here on the forum and it is not mentioned in the Club Account Lifestyle Benefit email they send you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Cinema tickets or whatever you select are sent out 30 days after your account has been opened. I just phoned them and this is what they told me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hope this helps someone and have a nice day:)[/FONT]

Thanks very much for your helpful post, Al; I did recall seeing something about when the LifeStyle Benefit would be sent out, but couldn't remember exactly how long they had stated.

My husband already gets one magazine subscription for our joint account, but I had chosen the cinema tickets, which I intend to give to my friend ( we never go to the cinema.....there's very seldom anything we want to see!! ;):p )
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Week after switch - everything's gone smoothly, and a lot of the little features that Lloyds have like change savings are actually quite nice. Likely to stick around for some time.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone else had a problem with the app ?
    I have a Samsung on android and the app kept crashing my phone on startup, i had to reset to factory settings and reinstall all my apps manually until i could isolate the problem app.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    stehouk wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a problem with the app ?
    I have a Samsung on android and the app kept crashing my phone on startup, i had to reset to factory settings and reinstall all my apps manually until i could isolate the problem app.

I don’t know what the issue is but whenever I log into the app on my iPhone to view my Inbox it always generates a technical error and logs me out. Has been like this for the past few updates.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    I don’t know what the issue is but whenever I log into the app on my iPhone to view my Inbox it always generates a technical error and logs me out. Has been like this for the past few updates.
    No such problem for me on the Lloyds, Halifax or BoS app (they are essentially all the same). I am on the latest iOS 13.1.3 and Lloyds V 51.05 - which ones are you on? Have you tried re-installing the app?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just a heads up to check DDs are working correctly if you need them.

Minor irritation with my switch from BoS to new Lloyds Club account completed yesterday (but I'm sure its happened before)

I had monthly DD to Birmingham Midshires set up on BoS account, £10 1st of month. For some reason, a DD for £10 was taken today from Lloyds Club.

When I checked the BM account, I'm told there is no 'regular deposit':cool: set up, though the linked account details show correctly as new LC.

TBH, its easier to set up a new DD on BM than try to find out who is to blame. My money would be on BM;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure