Decluttering offers in Lloyds online banking

Options
There was once an option not to have all these offers display. I remember I switching it on and one point a few years ago for the It's On Us and Everyday Offers. I want to switch it off now but the option has disappeared. The Marketing options are only about how Lloyds can contact you and I have them all off already. How can I remove all these offers appearing even between two accounts?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You probably can’t.

Unless you contact Lloyd’s and ask them to further opt you out of stuff but it’s likely that’s the way it is now.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You change your marketing options on your profile settings.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    You change your marketing options on your profile settings.

These only appear to control how they can contact you not what appears in the online banking service. Do you see something different? If not as stated I already have chosen no to all but it won't do anything to remove for example offers appearing between my current and saving account balances.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I have done this several years ago to stop online offers appearing everywhere which was very annoying and can now only view then by clicking on the online offers box on the left of the screen below the our products and services box.

Assuming you have such a box on the left of your screen, click on it and go to everyday offers.
    Scroll down and you will find manage your everyday offers settings at the bottom on the left.
    Click on change settings.

You will then be able to change how everyday offers appear in your statements.
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    It removes Everyday Offers but not other offers on Lloyds products. In between my account balances there are banners for savings account, mortgage and such like. Really annoying.
  • mn92
    mn92 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pavane wrote: »
    It removes Everyday Offers but not other offers on Lloyds products. In between my account balances there are banners for savings account, mortgage and such like. Really annoying.

Unfortunately there is no way to remove these ads in between accounts for all LBG brands (Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland). This is used as a gimmick to increase online sales numbers. If for example they are off from their online credit card target, you may see the banner to apply for a credit card even though you may not be eligible.
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Options
    Interesting, I don't see any such offers at all and don't remember seeing them in a past.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    There was a time when you could sign on to Internet banking and just do your banking. Alas this no longer seems to be possible. :(

Sign on via the web and you are asked are you sure you don't want to use the app? Answer no I want to use the web, then you are asked if you want to enable cookies, then some message about Thomas Cook. Finally you get through to your accounts and you get told you really need another account, a credit card and maybe some insurance!
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Reading your OP I thought the question was specific to Everyday offers (It's on us being part of everyday offers).?
    There was once an option not to have all these offers display. I remember I switching it on and one point a few years ago for the It's On Us and Everyday Offers. I want to switch it off now but the option has disappeared. The Marketing options are only about how Lloyds can contact you and I have them all off already. How can I remove all these offers appearing even between two accounts?
  • ST-User
    ST-User Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mn92 wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove these ads in between accounts for all LBG brands (Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland).
    You can remove them with a good ad blocker (I use Adblock Plus on Firefox).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure