Wonga Claim advice

Good morning,

I’ve had an ongoing request to claim from Wonga for a while now and this morning I received a request to upload some files to something named Accellion.

They’re asking me to upload a bank statement and a copy of my /passport drivers license, which makes me a bit uneasy.

Has anyone else had this email?

Thanks,

Stacey

Comments

• I have but feel the same as you and keep ignoring it.

Have you done anything yet ??

Not sure what to do ????
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    They are asking all claiments to do this, where they need further information in regard to your claim, if you don`t provide what they ask for, your claim will not proceed any further, so the choice is yours, remember, any eventual payout, will be a lot less than anticipated.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    They are asking all claiments to do this, where they need further information in regard to your claim, if you don`t provide what they ask for, your claim will not proceed any further, so the choice is yours, remember, any eventual payout, will be a lot less than anticipated.

Could also be worth any posters who are a bit nervous about sharing personal information querying whether they can redact (cover-up) parts of the documents which are not necessary.
  • glennstar
    glennstar Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    wazzaw wrote: »
    ...to upload some files to something named Accellion.
    Accellion is a platform used to secure the communication and storage of documents.
    Could also be worth any posters who are a bit nervous about sharing personal information querying whether they can redact (cover-up) parts of the documents which are not necessary.
    Indeed! I'd struggle to see how a single thing on your bank statement today/this month is relevant. Can OP provide the exact wording related to the bank statement? I can't help wondering what they need this for.

1. verify where monies are to be paid - bank statement not needed
    2. check the records against the original transactions - i.e. was this the bank account that the money was originally deposited? If so then providing your current bank account may well not be right if you've churned banks.
    3. struggling to think of another.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
  • Ive uploaded a screen shot of my bank statement and a photo of my driving license with everything but my name and address covered up
  • glennstar
    glennstar Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    dave.ck wrote: »
    Ive uploaded a screen shot of my bank statement and a photo of my driving license with everything but my name and address covered up

Dave,
    Please report back if they have an issue with any redaction activity... very interested to see what they say.
    The views expressed here are my own. I am not a Solicitor nor am I affiliated with any of the parties I mention. If you disagree with any of my comments please say in whatever way feels most natural to you. No one self improves in a bubble!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure