Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Comments

• Frankyt wrote: »
    Hi All

I used quidco but then found another site offering a better deal, and it's free to join. Don't know if i'm allowed to post a link to it yet!!!

I have earned money back from day one andhave just ordered a card so I can earn cash back on everything I spend. So far so good
    :D

You can't post websites on here when you are new.
  • SAVVYSHOPPER
    SAVVYSHOPPER Posts: 121 Forumite
    Hope I am in the right place for posting but can anybody please tell me whether the Magic Shopper cashback site has ceased operating as I had some money in my account and now cannot access the site

Thanks in advance

Savvyshopper
  • slewts
    slewts Posts: 74 Forumite
    Has anyone had any dealings recently with www.cashmachine.co.uk
    I've tried accessing their site today and it's down.
    Could this be another cashback site that has failed?
    Any feedback would be gratefully received as I have a payment request processed and another payment waiting to be confirmed.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    slewts wrote: »
    Has anyone had any dealings recently with www.cashmachine.co.uk
    I've tried accessing their site today and it's down.
    Site's working fine here.
  • My car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow - with RAC but it's an Aviva policy.
    I have rung RAC so they don't automatically renew.
    Aviva ia very slightly cheaper than RAC - with cashback these are my cheapest options

Question - Both TCB and Quidco say they won't pay out on renewals. Aviva sees that I am insured with them as does RAC.
    Should I wait to buy insurance until tomorrow - when my policy will have already relapsed? I won't be driving without insurance & car is safely locked away. Should I try another insurer - Swinton is similar priced to get cashback?

Previously I've just switched between RAC & Aviva as invariably they were my best quotes BUT they never used to recognise I held a policy before.

Quidco is offering better cashback now than TCB (£80 Aviva compared to £30 TCB) - pity as prefer TCB! Are people finding that Quidco are getting better at paying out or should I stick with TCB
  • JDPower
    Forumite
    edited 26 September 2011 at 7:01PM
    My car insurance is due for renewal tomorrow - with RAC but it's an Aviva policy.
    I have rung RAC so they don't automatically renew.
    Aviva ia very slightly cheaper than RAC - with cashback these are my cheapest options

Question - Both TCB and Quidco say they won't pay out on renewals. Aviva sees that I am insured with them as does RAC.
    Should I wait to buy insurance until tomorrow - when my policy will have already relapsed? I won't be driving without insurance & car is safely locked away. Should I try another insurer - Swinton is similar priced to get cashback?

Previously I've just switched between RAC & Aviva as invariably they were my best quotes BUT they never used to recognise I held a policy before.

Quidco is offering better cashback now than TCB (£80 Aviva compared to £30 TCB) - pity as prefer TCB! Are people finding that Quidco are getting better at paying out or should I stick with TCB
    I'm presuming you've been right through all the steps in the MSE car insurance guide ;). I have just this weekend re-insured my car and follow that guide every year (cheapest quote this time by about £90 was Ecar, and got an additional £60 cashback through TopCashback :money:).

And as for Quidco's higher cashback rate:

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/76 ;)
  • WOW! Thanks a million for that - I had NO idea that TCB matched with Quidco. VERY happy at that as I've had things not track on Quidco - ALWAYS the biggies too! I went to TCB about 3 yrs ago having been disillusioned with Quidco & TCB has proved FAR better

Yep I've gone through all the steps on MSE - it's strange but invariably over the last few years Aviva or RAC have been my lowest quotes. Cashback makes it all the more sweet a deal.
  • JDPower
    Forumite
    WOW! Thanks a million for that - I had NO idea that TCB matched with Quidco. VERY happy at that as I've had things not track on Quidco - ALWAYS the biggies too! I went to TCB about 3 yrs ago having been disillusioned with Quidco & TCB has proved FAR better
    You're welcome. Problem for me is cos I don't touch Quidco any more I always forget to check their rates in case I can claim with TCB's highest rate guarantee :doh:
  • WishI'dReadSooner
    WishI'dReadSooner Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2011 at 6:56AM
    TCB was brilliant. The Aviva deal tracked at £30.30 so I sent them a form with the link to Quidcos £80 cashback deal. Within about 12hrs it's now £80.80.

I'm just hoping now that Aviva accept it as although I cancelled with RAC & was assured NO money would go out they (Aviva from RAC) took another annual payment from me - I was NOT amused!

IF it goes wrong because of this double payment (chap VERY sorry on phone & will be refunded immediately) I'm going to be EXTREMELY cross.

Thanks again JDPower for the tip - HOW did I miss this?
    I guess I'm like you though I just rarely look at Quidco any more BUT I'll try & remember to on larger purchases. It was SO easy to get them to honour the larger cashback amount.

IF the cashback goes as it should do my Insurance will be just £104.70 after cashback - that's the lowest in years!
  • debbie22
    debbie22 Posts: 63 Forumite
    I opened an account with Captain Cashback earlier this year (via The Sun/News of the world) Following the demise of NOTW they transferred my a/c to a site called Major Moneyback. My £80 cashback earned is on their next payment run this week and, guess what? Their website appears to be down... Anyone else having problems with this site? Getting worried! :(Thanks : )
    2011 Wins - Shopping Vouchers / Ice Bucket from Dr Oetker / Local Hair Salon Colour Treatment

2012 Wins - Lego for my lad. Not much else!:rotfl:

2013...here's hoping!:D Watch this space
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport