Can't change supplier until my old supplier disconnects me

Options
I'm trying to change broadband supplier, but I can't register for a new supplier until the old one disconnects me leaving me without a broadband connection.

It will then take up to 2 weeks before I can be reconnected

Has anyone ever managed to get round this or should I just forget about changing?

Comments

• rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya

I had this problem too, when i first thought about swapping from aol to onetel, I was informed at the time that you can ask your current supplier for a mac code and can be transferred over to the new one without the wait, I'm not too sure tho if all providers are happy to do this, i think some can be a bit of a pain.

There are however far better qualified people on here that will be able to inform you about this in more detail

but i hope that helps a little :rolleyes:
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• Plasticman
    Plasticman Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I depends if the company you are leaving and the one you are moving to accept migrations. If they do then you need to ask your existing supplier for a MAC code. You then give this to your new supplier when you sign up.
    If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson 1802
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure