swiching energy

Hello.
I was a customer of Solarplicity. In May when my fixed rate almoust finished I applied to Eversmart. Eversmart give a date when they will take over and on that day I provided both companies with my last meter reading data but Solarplicity keeped charging me, when I asked why they explained me that they in process and it will take few month and that they will refund me if I have overpaid. But when I asked Eversmart they told me that Solarplicity has objected the gas and don't explain why. I emailed them twice but they ignoring it, I called several times but no one picking up the phone. Just don't know what to do next.
Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Unless you haven't paid your bills, just go to the Energy Ombudsman.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Can you go straight to the Ombudsman? I thought you need to wait 8 weeks after making a complaint, or upon the issue of a letter of deadlock, before you use the Ombudsman?
  • DHTG
    DHTG Posts: 2 Newbie
    Begin your complaint with Solarplicity now. Ensure you obtain a reference number and make a note of all correspondence and calls. Ofgem has investigated Solarplicity in the past for customer service failures and has current concerns over another issue.

If you had a Solarplicity gas smart meter installed, are you sure you are being billed based on this meter? Does the meter serial number on your bill match your meter? There have been issues were the new meter has not been registered correctly and Solarplicity is estimating gas use based on the removed meter. If you have been manually supplying gas meter readings from the smart meter they may have been rejected. Solarplicity may need to fix these problems to facilitate the move.

Ensure you are not in too much credit with the supplier in case there are difficulties in obtaining a refund.
  • T_O_G
    T_O_G Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 1 August 2019 at 2:08PM
    Do not use Eversmart, they take your money but fail to switch you from your old supplier, they have tried 3 times and failed and talking to my old supplier they have had no request to transfer. Additionally Eversmart have said on 2 occasions they would refund my money and failed, I have had to get a refund from the bank under the bacs protection scheme. In conclusion I would not recommend anyone using Eversmart.
    Just had an update from Eversmart who have said that they have a problem with there system in that it is not sending the requests and basically they don't know what to do about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure