Together Energy?

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,072
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    stevenss4 wrote: »
    I left this supplier and after three months, and still have not had a final bill. They owe me around £50. They do not reply to emails, and I finally went through the Ombudsman. They now have 10 working days to issue the bill, and the deadline is Thursday 18th July - I am not hopeful. There are a lot of people in the same boast if you look at reviews so maybe this is a company struggling financially.
    They complied with my Ombudsman case the day before the deadline, I suspect the same will happen for you. Hopefully repaying your credit was also part of the decision.
  • LynH
    LynH Posts: 28
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    stevenss4 wrote: »
    I left this supplier and after three months, and still have not had a final bill. They owe me around £50. They do not reply to emails, and I finally went through the Ombudsman. They now have 10 working days to issue the bill, and the deadline is Thursday 18th July - I am not hopeful. There are a lot of people in the same boast if you look at reviews so maybe this is a company struggling financially.

Their last submitted accounts show them at nearly £7 million in debt
  • Bark01
    Bark01 Posts: 881
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2019 at 4:43PM
    There are so many TE threads I don't know where to post... I touch wood seem to be finally rid of them.

As someone who works in the industry I rarely complain and give plenty of time to get things corrected. But TE's incompetence is on another level.

I'll detail my issues below but in summary a simple billing issue that would have taken me 5 minutes to fix has cost TE 12% of my bill ~£200

Things I've learnt about TE:
    All front line telephony has been moved offshore and they have access to hardly any information. They can take reads and make sales but that about it. All they can see of your account is your bills

All of their systems are separate Billing and Metering don't automatically communicate.

TE never respond if someones promises a callback, don't waste time waiting for it start a complaint email chain as soon as your off the phone.

If you have a problem follow the advice on here and contact the ombudsman and do it multiple times as TE will say a case is resolved when it isn't. The second time around things will move much quicker and you'll receive a bigger award

My issues:
    Having never supplied a read they halved my DD, I rang up and told them they'd made a mistake and they agreed to put it back to the higher amount. This never happened so I was plunged into debt, but had the money waiting should they bill me.

I then had a meter exchange (imperial to metric) and my bills stopped.

As I wanted to leave at the end of my tariff I contacted to make sure my metering set up was correct and to get a bill so I could pay my debt and leave.

No calls or emails were returned so I started the complaints procedure.

I raised 2 complaints and both times the ombudsmen found in my favour and awarded me £35 then £100. Both times TE didn't contact me and closed down the ombudsmen case without actually resolving anything.

I then found out they had let me leave and as it was getting on for 12 months since my last bill I decided to wait and start claiming back billing.

A few days after the 12 month window passed I got a re-bill and a final bill in the post.

The final bill had completely different prices on it but they were cheaper than my actual prices so I didn't question. :rotfl:

My only issue was the debt amount, the bill arrived in July and I 'd left in Feb, but the bill was as at my leaving date (FEB) and didn't include a DD payment I had made in March. I thought this would be simple to fix. I rang up and asked 2 simple questions 'how much have you billed me' and 'how much have I paid you'? All the guy on the phone could read out was what was on my final bill. He was really confused as how I could say I had made 13 payments when the bill said I had made 8. I kept telling him it was because the bill only covered the last 8 months, but he didn't get it.:mad:

I therefore raised another compliant and 3 week later got a letter stating my final debt was X which was £35 lower than I made it, so I assume they added another good will payment or made another mistake :rotfl: I didn't actually get a revised final bill so I don't know how it was calculated.

I then rang up again to pay the amount as it was lower than expected and was met with another call centre bod who was saying I had to pay Y because that what it said on my final bill in July. I got him to put me through to their Scottish call centre then actually spoke to someone who let me pay my debt and said I would receive a final account closure email from them shortly.

I make it this state of affairs a has given me a 9% discount via the ombudsman and another random 3% from TE's own calculations. Worth it...:beer:
  • I was with them when I got transferred in the wake of OneSelect going bankrupt. They took ages to calculated my final bill for OneSelect. As soon as they did I moved to Pure Planet who have been fine.

They (together energy) eventually refunded me the credit I was owed from OneSelect and I thought I was finally shot of them...

But then I've received two texts over the last two weeks from a mobile number (07860 034945) asking me to ring 01389 493413 urgently to discuss my Together Energy account and quoted my customer reference number. I assumed this was a scam and that their data had been breached, since what sort of company texts you asking you to ring them back?

It turns out the text is from a debt collection company they employ whom they've mistakenly informed that I (and several other customers) have outstanding balances!

Even if I did owe them money, I simply can't believe that their first port of call would be to contact a debt collectors who then send you a text like any old bunch of scammers!

I wouldn't go back to Together Energy if they offered me gas and electricity for free.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,500
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

But then I've received two texts over the last two weeks from a mobile number (07860 034945) asking me to ring 01389 493413 urgently to discuss my Together Energy account and quoted my customer reference number. I assumed this was a scam and that their data had been breached, since what sort of company texts you asking you to ring them back?

It turns out the text is from a debt collection company they employ whom they've mistakenly informed that I (and several other customers) have outstanding balances!

I think that the 01389 493413 number is actually still Together Energy -but their Collections dept . The number my letter mentioned for OPOS (Debt collectors) was an 0141 number
  • Coys
    Coys Posts: 38
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    masonic wrote: »
    Wonders will never cease. I've received my compensation from Together Energy, right at the deadline. Thank you Ombudsman Services.

Same here! They waited until the last day of the Ombudsman's deadline to produce a final bill and apology letter, Today is the 10th working day they said they needed to transfer my balance. But pay up they just have - right at the death.
  • Snot
    Snot Posts: 61
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    10 months to get my credit back from Together Energy. Every time I called they promised a refund at the next payment run, which was typically 3 weeks time. Took them to the Ombudsman and they agreed to refund, which I naively accepted. Of course they failed to refund and the Ombudsman wouldn’t intervene as I had accepted the offer for the refund !
    So I had to raise another complaint, this time the Ombudsman ruled in my favour and awarded compensation.
    Would advise anybody else to raise a complaint at the first opportunity, request credit to be repaid within 7 days plus compensation.
  • brewerdave
    Forumite
    Well, I've finally had a reaction to my (many) emails to TE concerning my incorrect One Select bill but the reply is appalling!!

"We where looking into your account and was looking at the dispute that got raised it had been rejected due to the reads being within tolerance. The reads would have to have a bigger difference for us to raise a dispute and it get accepted unfortunately.

Best Wishes
    Robbie
    Together Support Team "

I wasn't trying to get the changeover readings altered (which is when the rule about tolerances would have applied) -just trying to get Together Energy to use the same read for the start of the One Select account as First Utility had used to close the account - but they CLEARLY don't understand the rules!

I'm going to have to decide whether to make a formal complaint now - as the amount concerned is small (and I made a "profit" out of a readings disagreement with another failed supplier) I may just reluctantly accept the incorrect OS credit :mad:
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,072
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I'm going to have to decide whether to make a formal complaint now - as the amount concerned is small (and I made a "profit" out of a readings disagreement with another failed supplier) I may just reluctantly accept the incorrect OS credit :mad:
    It takes very little time and effort to respond to their complaints email address with your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've received, giving them an option to close the matter off for a good will payment rather than reissue the bill. Then if necessary fill out a short web form to escalate to the Ombudsman in 8 weeks time.
  • brewerdave
    Forumite
    masonic wrote: »
    It takes very little time and effort to respond to their complaints email address with your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've received, giving them an option to close the matter off for a good will payment rather than reissue the bill. Then if necessary fill out a short web form to escalate to the Ombudsman in 8 weeks time.

One of the many emails I have sent ,went to complaints@ ....
    No reply to that one either!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport