Renting out my house for Ryder Cup 2010

Comments

• paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    speckers wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been tempted, and have discussed it briefly with my OH and with Alix Popham's company who were quite helpful and not extortionate.

To those who are going ahead or have already got bookings, how have you handled insurance and tax issues? I've heard that a lot of insurance companies refuse to cover for this kind of thing, although I haven't yet asked mine.

Cheers and good luck with the rentals!

Which is Pophams co?
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    I would suggest to those who don't want to offer the whole empty house, or those who have a slightly unsuitable house that is a bit further away... That you could choose to write your own website (you get one free with a lot of ISP) put in a lot of search terms and advertise as many bedrooms as you have on a B&B basis or the whole house as you need to. but price it competitively and I'll bet you get someone booking it.

Put a website counter on the site to see how many hits you get.
  • You might like to take a look at
    www.ryder-cup-accomodation.com

The website has recently been launched and offers advice and information about renting out your property for the Ryder Cup 2010 Wales. Contact Andrew Kyle on 01600 714884 or Mobile 07801 846303 for more information.

Now would be a good time to talk to your mortgage company and home insurance company to see if there might be any supplementary or temporary additional payments to make or indeed any restrictions. You will also have to declare any profit you make to the Inland Revenue.

You might want to consider storing your valuables securely or even using a furniture hire company to temporarily furnish your home.

But there is definitely a market to offer good quality accommodation for visiting golf fans.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    moneysavingexperto reported as :spam: and signature
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    speckers wrote: »

Dont know who wrote the text on that website, but some of the grammar is a bit iffy and some of the sentences dont make sense...
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • hello
    just wondering if anyone else had a booking yet. thinking of putting our house (20 mintues away in cardiff) but £100 is alot of money
  • Try www.rcts.co.uk. They are the official travel bureau for the Ryder Cup, I own a corporate hospitality business and have used them for travel/accomodation (US and European) for many years. £250 to advertise, but their site will get a lot of hits and they are official Ryder Cup partners.
  • Hi if you are looking at renting out your home for the Ryder Cup 2010 then you need to check out www.acleshia.com they have had a new website and are offering a great promotional rate at the moment. As well as different options for the homeowner. They are very helpful too www.acleshia.com
  • Ive looked into this and the houses are really expensive. Will they really go for this price? We live in Monmouth so maybe we are too far away to rent? Anybody know the best way to rent ? I looked at a couple of the sites above and its difficult to say which is the best deal but whats the deal with the commission ? I see the ryderrentals.co.uk site and it doesnt say anything about commission. Is this correct?
    Basically:
    Who is the best to advertise with?
    Is Monmouth too far away to rent our house out?
    How much should we charge?

Let me know before I fork out any cash.

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills