Bifolds

Options

Comments

• <sebb>
    <sebb> Posts: 453 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2014 at 3:04PM
    Options
    Last one hopefully - don't quite have the separate price as he priced up a total including some other windows but he did say around £5k (this is without colour though).

This time it appears to be CWG choices doors - are these any good?

Edited to add - confirmed £5,415 in white. Colour option ranges from 5% to 20% depending on colour or finish.
  • ytfcmad
    ytfcmad Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    <sebb> wrote: »
    Last one hopefully - don't quite have the separate price as he priced up a total including some other windows but he did say around £5k (this is without colour though).

This time it appears to be CWG choices doors - are these any good?

Edited to add - confirmed £5,415 in white. Colour option ranges from 5% to 20% depending on colour or finish.

From the pictures on their site it look's like they use the Smarts products which have been mentioned above, not a lot wrong with them. Very unlikely to be their own system.
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am no expert but can give a layman's opinion after spending time at Grand designs live looking at different systems.

Both my wife and I were most impressed by Sunflex sliding doors. We also thought that the Schuco systems looked and felt very high end. Smart looked fine but had a slightly cheaper feel to it.

That is just an opinion based on using and feeling the products at Grand Designs Live.

There was a 4 pane Sunflex slider at the recent London show which was 4 panes in 3 tracks. It looked lovely. There is a local dealer near us who priced up a 6m wide slider and the price was close to yours above
  • MDL74
    MDL74 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Speak to express bifolds. That's where mine are from. 4.2m, four panels (you want the least amount of doors possible imo) and they are perfect. £4.5k inc vat
  • zum
    zum Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 8 October 2014 at 10:42AM
    Options
    ytfcmad wrote: »
    You should be looking at circa £1k per leaf, Schuco are roughly 20% more expensive than most then there's your London mark up so it's no more than £1k over the top and if you got the colour option all in it would be more or less spot on.

Beaufort does not exist any more the company is now called ALUK and has been for some time so who ever you have been talking to is a bit out of date!!
    Google ALUK and have a look at the about us section.

Is it a good brand? I can think of two Aluminium systems with better Bi-fold's not including Schuco. Nothing wrong with them as a company though.

Which systems are better, we are looking at ALUK or Origin as their lead time is good- not 10-12 weeks like some!
  • leveller2911
    leveller2911 Posts: 8,061 Forumite
    Options
    zum wrote: »
    Which systems are better, we are looking at ALUK or Origin as their lead time is good- not 10-12 weeks like some!

If a company has a lead time of 10-12 weeks then this usually means they are busy.

Being busy is a good sign and I would worry if a company can "make them next week".........
  • ytfcmad
    edited 8 October 2014 at 9:39PM
    Options
    zum wrote: »

I wouldn't have the ALUK ones, definitely not the best.
    Ten to twelve weeks is rather long, Mill bar length painted and shipped to a fabricator should be no more than four weeks, plus one week for fabrication should mean being on site in circa five to six weeks.

Just because a companies lead time is long it doesn't necessarily mean they are busy, there are many reasons one being they cant pay their suppliers and are on stop.

Secondly i wouldn't worry if someone said they could make them next week, a lot of fabricators keep bar length stock of some colour's and could fabricate a set of bi-folds easily within a week. Normally only White but quite a few now keep RAL7016 as its the colour everyone wants.
  • leveller2911
    leveller2911 Posts: 8,061 Forumite
    Options
    Just because a companies lead time is long it doesn't necessarily mean they are busy, there are many reasons one being they cant pay their suppliers and are on stop.

You must have missed the bit of my post that said "usually" but as you say It could mean their account is on stop. It may also mean they have a full order sheet and are up to capacity.

I'm fully booked up with work until the end of January, I have A1 credit and have never had an account put on stop.
  • ytfcmad
    Options
    You must have missed the bit of my post that said "usually" but as you say It could mean their account is on stop. It may also mean they have a full order sheet and are up to capacity.

I'm fully booked up with work until the end of January, I have A1 credit and have never had an account put on stop.

You must of missed the bit in my post that said "there are many reasons"

As you say business is good at present.
  • zum
    zum Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I wouldn't have the ALUK ones, definitely not the best.
    Ten to twelve weeks is rather long, Mill bar length painted and shipped to a fabricator should be no more than four weeks, plus one week for fabrication should mean being on site in circa five to six weeks.

Secondly i wouldn't worry if someone said they could make them next week, a lot of fabricators keep bar length stock of some colour's and could fabricate a set of bi-folds easily within a week. Normally only White but quite a few now keep RAL7016 as its the colour everyone wants.

Looked at ALUK today , not very good at all. At the moment our top 2 are Kloeber and Sunflex.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback