Collective Energy Switch Feb 2nd

Comments

• jessmist
    jessmist Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    I switched to the BG collective switch 2016 and both my fuels are showing in my BG account.
    But the cheap energy club still shows my switch as in progress.
    I have looked at the new collective switch tariff and its a little bit cheaper but I can't switch to it as it just says I have a switch in progress.
    Both my fuels switched over by the middle of November.
    How can I get my details updated on the cheap energy club ?

Thanks
  • In a fast falling (supposedly competitive) market the outcome of this collective switch is extremely disappointing to say the least!

I suppose we should all just be very thankful that they had the good sense not to award it to Extra Energy. :D
    Hengus wrote: »
    I will therefore pass, and wait for: the small suppliers to respond.

Like you I will pass.

It looks like I will be staying with EON and moving to the Fixed 1 Year v19 Online tariff for electric (or maybe v20 following this.) :D

Zog Energy have recently stated that they are reviewing their gas tariffs and will announce updates shortly so I will sit tight and see how they respond in the next few days (I suppose they've been waiting for the results of this). If Zog don't come up with the goods very soon I will be going to EDF's Blue+Price Promise February 2017 for my gas.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the upcoming UKPower / iChoosr collective switch with results due on the 15th February.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Zog Energy have recently stated that they are reviewing their gas tariffs and will announce updates shortly so I will sit tight and see how they respond in the next few days (I suppose they've been waiting for the results of this). If Zog don't come up with the goods very soon I will be going to EDF's Blue+Price Promise February 2017 for my gas. ...........
    Likewise. :o
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Zog Energy have recently stated that they are reviewing their gas tariffs and will announce updates shortly so I will sit tight and see how they respond in the next few days (I suppose they've been waiting for the results of this). If Zog don't come up with the goods very soon I will be going to EDF's Blue+Price Promise February 2017 for my gas.

Pricks up ears. I am on Zog Saturn 12. Just a rumour or something more substantive? This energy monitoring lark is fast becoming hard work.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Pricks up ears. I am on Zog Saturn 12. Just a rumour or something more substantive? This energy monitoring lark is fast becoming hard work.

Had an email response from them about a week ago when I asked them when they were going to [FONT=&quot]respond to the recent reductions by their competitors[/FONT].
  • complete and utter waste of time this "so called collective switch" lol

the v19 Eon tariff unit prices are cheaper than the so called cheap collective switch???

go figure lol better luck next time MSE....
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 February 2016 at 9:22PM
    I thought I'd missed it.

Then if I look far enough down the page I find British Gas for a dual fuel deal. I didn't look any further down.

So looked at Electricity only. Eon were not bad, but not the cheapest for E7 for me. But as I don't use too much low rate electricity, then I'd currently be better off with single rate (which I know Eon will do despite the E7 meter).

But it only saves me £2 a year compared to their existing Fixed 1 Year v19 Online tariff. (same daily standing charge and a small reduction in the unit rate).

Think I'll hold off until my existing deal expires in a few months time as I have an early exit fee to consider. Existing deal currently costs £1 per month extra on average over the year. No where near a big enough difference to tempt me to switch today, sorry.

Edit: Actually, switching to non-E7 does make BG competitive for dual fuel (and BG will also supply single rate despite an E7 meter). But still would only save me about a quid a month on average - not enough to tempt me to switch either, sorry.

Seperate suppliers is still cheaper for us.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Had an email response from them about a week ago when I asked them when they were going to [FONT=&quot]respond to the recent reductions by their competitors[/FONT].

Trouble is for low users like us is that, based on their recent price changes, they seem to be going down the road of lowering the unit costs but upping the dreaded standing charge. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2016 at 9:40PM
    Cannot get a quote as CEC has my gas supply marked as swap in progress so no dual fuel option available.

However looking at the few posts above with tariffs costs, the most I'd save is 6p a day and I'd have to pay £30 to get out of the electric contract anyway (gas is free to quit).

Found the electric only MSE Collective and it is £22 a year more expensive then my current Eon tariff (Last September's MSE collective) so not moving to that one either.
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2016 at 9:01PM
    complete and utter waste of time this "so called collective switch" lol

the v19 Eon tariff unit prices are cheaper than the so called cheap collective switch???

go figure lol better luck next time MSE....

I'm on electric only ( Economy 7) with E.ON and my V19 tariff is due to start tomorrow.

According to my account in the CEC, E.ON have the winning electricity only tariff, MSE Collective Feb 2016 Online Fixed for 12 Months which should save me £26 plus £15 cashback.

Unit prices for day and night are a little lower than V19. Standing charge is the same. Same £30 exit fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure