Paysafecard stole my money!

Comments

• Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Your contract is with the local shop you bought it from. You need to contact the police and take it from there. For all paysafe know you could have given the card to a mate two minutes after buying it. can you prove when you bought and when you tried to use it?
  • Villan33
    Villan33 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Your contract is with the local shop you bought it from. You need to contact the police and take it from there. For all paysafe know you could have given the card to a mate two minutes after buying it. can you prove when you bought and when you tried to use it?

Paysafe wont tell me when the card was supposedly used, this information is key and yet they arent giving me it. As for proving where I bought it, Its states on the voucher where and when it was bought.
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Report it to the police and let them investigate it with paysafe, the shop and you. You are getting nowhere with it, so try another avenue.
  • Villan33 wrote: »
    Paysafe wont tell me when the card was supposedly used, this information is key and yet they arent giving me it. As for proving where I bought it, Its states on the voucher where and when it was bought.

They will not tell you where it was used because you are being angry to us and therefore angry to them first and foremost.

Also it would breach the data protection act IIRC which is why they are telling you to go to the police.

Which any sane person would have done by now rather than ranting at a forum of people who are trying to help them.

Why, we dont know anymore. But yet we still do. .Even for the angry rude people who appear not to listen
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • Villan33
    They will not tell you where it was used because you are being angry to us and therefore angry to them first and foremost.

Also it would breach the data protection act IIRC which is why they are telling you to go to the police.

Which any sane person would have done by now rather than ranting at a forum of people who are trying to help them.

Why, we dont know anymore. But yet we still do. .Even for the angry rude people who appear not to listen

Rude? How am I being rude? Im answering your questions. I might be frustrated, but no way am I being rude to you guys. Look, I appreciate you taking your time to help me but jesus christ, to say Im being rude is a joke.
  • Villan33 wrote: »
    Rude? How am I being rude? Im answering your questions. I might be frustrated, but no way am I being rude to you guys. Look, I appreciate you taking your time to help me but jesus christ, to say Im being rude is a joke.

No it isnt, in fact being abrupt as you put it yourself can also be construed as being rude to others.

Myself and others have told you and yet you still dont act upon that advice.

Go and have a cup of tea and get in touch with the police. Have you done this yet?
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • Villan33
    Just an update folks, finally 10 days after purchasing the paysafecard and numerous phone calls and e-mails later, I got this e-mail today:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

As we wrote on our email on 16.05.2013, we examined your case again and can confirm that due to a technical problem your paysafecard was already used before purchase. Therefore we are providing you with a new paysafecard in worth of GBP 100:

PIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Serial number: XXXXXX

We would like to apologize for this misunderstanding and inconvenience.

If you would like a refund instead of the replacement PIN, please confirm this in a short e-mail replying to this email. We will then request a full refund worth GBP 100 and will block your replacement PIN. Please be aware that refunds via bank transfer are generally processed within 10 - 14 business days.

Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Your paysafecard team

They confirmed it was used 'before' I even purchased it which is what i was trying to find out all this time. I would just like to say thanks to the guys who took time out to respond on here and give me advice even though I was a bit abrupt. Thx again.
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Excellent, thanks for updating us. :)`
  • tsave
    tsave Posts: 5 Forumite
    wow! I have never heard of something like that!
    Seems that the company is very helpful and competent! I mean it sucks that it even happened in the first place, but at least you got your money back and you were helped and treated with respect! That is always a plus.
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    I have only one thing to say to you Villan

STOP GAMBLING. IT IS A STUPID MUGS GAME. Gambling is an addiction and you sound as though you have a problem. Seek help and stop wasting £100 at a time. How much do you earn a week/month? You will hurt yourself and those around you.

Please see sense before you put yourself in massive debt or maybe you already have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure