Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 3
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 24th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 15,409 Posts
    • 58,880 Thanks
    joansgirl
    There is a lot I have not said as I know it would get me into trouble
    Originally posted by colinw
    Yeah, a sad fact that freedom of speech is no longer an option on these boards
    • hunters
    • By hunters 24th Jun 17, 1:01 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 2,220 Thanks
    hunters
    Are you allowed on this thread? I though it was reserved for the Chuckle Brothers and Sisters ....
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    All are welcome, even the shyest of girls
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th Jun 17, 1:07 PM
    • 18,815 Posts
    • 40,334 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Originally posted by hunters
    And Brexiteers?
    Weekly Distance Walked 27km / Total For Year 1271 km

Quod scripsi, scripsi
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 24th Jun 17, 1:13 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Between the stuff going on on here, the heat and some IRL stuff, I've not been doing very well lately (probably obvious from the amount of irritations I was getting through in a day ). Because I'm so anxious, pretty much everything irritates me, so I'll narrow it down to a couple:

One of my neighbours must have a car with approximately 39 doors--either that or they're incredibly forgetful and have to keep opening and slamming their doors until they've remembered to get eveything out.

I think I'm going to have to get rid of one of my bookcases because of space constraints. Our landing is just too small to allow me to manoeuvre it into another room, so it'll have to go out instead. I'm irritated because a) I'm going to have to have my paperbacks double-deep, which I hate, and b) I love my bookcases (even if they are cheap IKEA things) and I'm getting weirdly upset about getting rid of one.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    If they were flatpack jobs, why not dismantle it, wholly or partly, and re-assemble it in the room?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 24th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    • 6,617 Posts
    • 10,667 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Originally posted by hunters
    What that made up one that was never me, but another user pretending it was me.
    That was VERY irritating.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 24th Jun 17, 1:19 PM
    • 55,960 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    colinw
    I never thought I would hear myself say this but can we keep it civil in here and not respond to provocation....it would be a shame to lose the thread and potentially some posters
    • colinw
    • By colinw 24th Jun 17, 1:20 PM
    • 55,960 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    colinw
    Between the stuff going on on here, the heat and some IRL stuff, I've not been doing very well lately (probably obvious from the amount of irritations I was getting through in a day ). Because I'm so anxious, pretty much everything irritates me, so I'll narrow it down to a couple:

One of my neighbours must have a car with approximately 39 doors--either that or they're incredibly forgetful and have to keep opening and slamming their doors until they've remembered to get eveything out.

I think I'm going to have to get rid of one of my bookcases because of space constraints. Our landing is just too small to allow me to manoeuvre it into another room, so it'll have to go out instead. I'm irritated because a) I'm going to have to have my paperbacks double-deep, which I hate, and b) I love my bookcases (even if they are cheap IKEA things) and I'm getting weirdly upset about getting rid of one.
    Nice to see you posting again
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 24th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 5,491 Posts
    • 18,399 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Forgetting to take suncream with me when I was out walking
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 24th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 15,409 Posts
    • 58,880 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Welcome back Penitent
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 24th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I did consider it, but cheap MDF stuff never quite goes back together properly and I suspect it'll end up wobbly (which isn't safe for a 2m tall bookcase).
    You might find you only need to tap off the backing board, and loosen the screws/bolts a bit, then you might Be able to wiggle it into the room, as it won't be so rigid.

Those two-metre ones usually have a tape for securing the bookcase to the wall, for safety.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 24th Jun 17, 4:10 PM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 11,219 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I never thought I would hear myself say this but can we keep it civil in here and not respond to provocation....it would be a shame to lose the thread and potentially some posters
    I agree colin. I'm going to use the ignore button for the first time in nearly 10 years of being a member of this site.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 24th Jun 17, 5:58 PM
    • 55,960 Posts
    • 154,074 Thanks
    colinw
    I agree colin. I'm going to use the ignore button for the first time in nearly 10 years of being a member of this site.
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    I have seen it many times, people are provoked to a response and then the person doing the provoking presses the report button.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 24th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    • 8,090 Posts
    • 17,569 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Major cat problem! Bruce is stretched out on my lap and I can't reach my glass of wine
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 24th Jun 17, 6:39 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Major cat problem! Bruce is stretched out on my lap and I can't reach my glass of wine
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    What a dilemma!

Cat?
    or
    Wine?

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 24th Jun 17, 7:13 PM
    • 18,815 Posts
    • 40,334 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I have seen it many times, people are provoked to a response and then the person doing the provoking presses the report button.
    This is more of a comment than an 'irritation' as I feel pretty chilled about it all (maybe it's my thick skin)!

I agree with Colin on this and hence my silence on occasions when I feel provocation is intended (for what reason I don't know).

My personal aim has been to be friendly, pleasant and non-confrontational with all forum members .... I come here to relax and have fun, not to squabble .... On certain threads I don't feel welcome and am ignored anyway (either with or without use of the ignore button), always allowing for exceptions of course.
    Weekly Distance Walked 27km / Total For Year 1271 km

Quod scripsi, scripsi
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 24th Jun 17, 7:14 PM
    • 15,409 Posts
    • 58,880 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Originally posted by OldMotherTucker
    Total disaster

You need a straw, or many straws joined together
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 24th Jun 17, 7:41 PM
    • 5,001 Posts
    • 9,453 Thanks
    Murphybear
    Internet keeps losing connection this morning! H
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    Now that I do sympathise with. Ours went down yesterday at ~ 1.30 pm and it's only been back for 2 hours.

I was forced to read a book
  • archived user
    I watch stuff I recorded on my Sky+ box and watch it 3-6 weeks after its recorded. I see promo clips for tv shows I think oooh I want to watch this. I find out either it's no longer available to download on demand services or first episode to download is episode 3 or 4
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 24th Jun 17, 7:45 PM
    • 5,001 Posts
    • 9,453 Thanks
    Murphybear
    I think he does it on purpose to get payback for the time I drank all of his expensive whisky. He'll be leaving for work and as he reaches the door he'll turn around, like Columbo, and say "oh, there's just one more thing....I ate all the muffins".
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Was that American muffins or English muffins (the sort you toast and eat dripping with butter)?
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 24th Jun 17, 7:56 PM
    • 8,090 Posts
    • 17,569 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    Bruce is not even my cat!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

623Posts Today

6,311Users online

Martin's Twitter