HSBC Credit limit

Options
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to repair my credit history after problems a few years ago I have a capital one card at £1000 limit and an Mbna at £1000 limit.

I applied and was accepted for an HSBC credit card and it's come through today with a £6000 limit just wondered what the general starting limit they give is?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Gouki7851
    Options
    I got 1 a month ago with a limit of 5.5k with poor credit. They seem very generous at the minute
  • Dw1983
    Dw1983 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks that's interesting to know as I thought they were one of the harder ones especially with not perfect credit
  • RememberMe
    RememberMe Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2016 at 9:02AM
    Options
    I applied the other day too. My credit history is pretty good in that there are no defaults, however I have opened 3 other credit accounts since Feb and I have been accepted with a £6.5k limit. I now have a total of 8 cards and that is my highest limit, they seem pretty generous! This is also the first I have ever dealt with HSBC, no history with them at all.
  • Dw1983
    Options
    Thanks for that seems pretty standard then I must say its one of the more generous limits
  • RememberMe
    RememberMe Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2016 at 8:36PM
    Options
    Just curious, did you need to take any form of ID into a branch? Wondering how long the process usually takes as I haven't been sent any sort of email confirmation or anything, I had to ring up to check the application was successful. Haven't received any documents thus far!
  • Dw1983
    Options
    No I didnt have to take any Id in anywhere although they did send me a credit agreement to sign which I had to send back whole thing took about 2 weeks
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dw1983 wrote: »
    Thanks for that seems pretty standard then I must say its one of the more generous limits

This was not the case up to 4-5 years ago. I had many credit cards already with other major banks and a business account with HSBC but they only gave me a limit of £1500 and as they would not increase it after a year I simply canacelled the card.
  • Rosie111
    Rosie111 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Applied last night for an HSBC CC. No immediate confirmation or refusal. Is this normal? I got the 'You have successfully completed your application'. We'll contact you within 5 working days.... Does this mean it has been declined and they'll write to me and let me know? Or referred?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dw1983 wrote: »

What's the interest rate on the card?
  • Gavoo7
    Gavoo7 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I applied too yesterday, same reply "we'll contact you within 5 days".....time will tell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure