Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ooh thank you, SL and CBC both, that's great! My mother never really let me help in the kitchen, although I wanted to, so I have no common sense at all in cookery, even though I actually got the GCE :D much to the surprise of my teacher :D

The tins I was using were metal, and I do have Vic sandwich tins of metal too (I still want to use the halogen). I really like the sound of those instructions, thats my kind of recipe :kisses3:

My stuff to go to the charity shop has gone, finally :cool:

Asda delivery booked, their minimum fee has gone up 100% to £2 :cool:

Am cooking beans :cool:

Next Saturday is my deadline when the other bulky stuff will arrive (currently have a new single mattress for my spare bed, also a result of house tetris, not bought by me) :cool:

Kitchen is tidier :o not really, but I'm doing a bit :cool:

All is good :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Glad all is good and giggled at house Tetris!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,893 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    All sounds very positive KC! Persevere with the Yorkies - it'll be worth it :) (had to skim SL's recipe otherwise I'd have been cooking them twice this week - makes my mouthwater!)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Yum. Are you putting stuff in the Yorkshire puds?
  • Karmacat
    Will definitely persevere with the Yorkies - it'll be SL's recipe next, that sounds exactly the sort of thing I need.

SHS - erm, stuff? :D Go on, tell me what sort of stuff, I dare you :D

I actually managed to get to my ex-colleague's afternoon tea yesterday :j and thankfully his (very, very loud) family were late, so I could sit down with my partner and his wife and have a good old natter. Even so, I managed to have a piece of birthday cake :j and good lord, what a lot of refined sugar :D it was wonderful :D

First stage of house tetris happens today, Merseyside to Norfolk. Next bit on Wednesday.

The photo on the volunteer's phone at the NT place has arrived :j Very sensibly, I think, she gave it to a manager, and the manager has sent it from the official email. You never know who's crazy, or what they're going to do with somebody else's email. Top stuff!

Today, after recovering from the little afternoon tea party, I need to do lots of admin - pay some French expenses, washing machine is on, tidy the porch ready for the next invasion of stuff (including supermarket delivery tomorrow), sweep floors upstairs in preparation for the tetris, all sorts of things like that. Oh, and phone the builder, who's not got back to me yet with photos of prospective products, or a start date.

Lots to do!
  • Sauteed onion and mushroom in creme fraiche?!
  • Karmacat
    Oh I see! Nothing dairy like creme fraiche, but certainly sauteed onions, lurvely - I had a weekend in Harrogate once upon a lifetime ago, and had a lunchtime pub meal of Yorkie, onions and gravy, it was utterly heavenly.

Might need to amend my Asda order to include some veggie gravy granules ....

Thanks SHS :):):)
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    Oh I see! Nothing dairy like creme fraiche, but certainly sauteed onions, lurvely - I had a weekend in Harrogate once upon a lifetime ago, and had a lunchtime pub meal of Yorkie, onions and gravy, it was utterly heavenly.

Might need to amend my Asda order to include some veggie gravy granules ....

Thanks SHS :):):)

My Granny used to serve Yorkshires like that, with the onions and gravy, as a first course. I think it was common among frugal northern folk decades ago. They were the big puds too, cake-tin circumference size, they filled an individual plate each. Needless to say, when the main course came out there was very little meat but that wasn't a problem as we were all full anyway;)
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like a delicious tea! And that you've been nice and busy too. :)
  • Karmacat
    Thanks both! Yes, I *have* been busy, Michelle, and yesterday it was the turn of the upstairs. Instead of the lick and a promise version of cleaning :o I swept "properly", and was duly horrified :rotfl:

Tidied the kitchen too, but very little else got done. The cleaning counts as aerobic exercise though, so thats good :j

And I did increase my Asda order slightly, and it will be here in just over an hour :eek::eek::eek: so I have to clear the porch, pronto :eek: when I had clients in and out of the house, I'd never leave it like that :p

Sunshine! Yellow ball! Okay, all that means right now, cos of Asda, is that the washing will go out on the line, but after the order's been, I'll have a bit of a walk :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport