Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    • 35,393Posts
    • 41,484Thanks
    Browntoa
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
    • 17th Jun 16, 7:29 PM
    Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes ) 17th Jun 16 at 7:29 PM
    Please post any deals you have negotiated with sky

Please post

The package

The price and discount

The length of the contract
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Page 144
    • Whattheheck
    • By Whattheheck 4th Aug 19, 3:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Whattheheck
    Iím a Platinum VIP customer (11years). Bill was £52 but going up over £65 for Superfast Fibre, Entertainment, HD, Kids, Boxsets all on a HD+ box. Screw that. Phoned on Thursday to give my 31 day notice. Went onto sky.com/mydeal on Saturday and saw they were offering £15 for Entertainment and £1 each on Entertainment, Kids, and Boxsets. Phoned them, told them I wanted Sky Q too, but was told couldnít have Sky Q in conjunction with that offer. Oh really?

10 minutes later, Iíve got -

Sky Q Experience (the UHD/multiroom thing)
    2TB box, 1 mini box
    Entertainment
    HD
    Kids
    Boxsets
    Superfast Fibre

Total - £56 (plus the one-off payment of £30 for Sky Q installation)

Iím happy with that - new 65Ē LG arrives the day before my installation day - smiles all round!
    • bfc1912
    • By bfc1912 6th Aug 19, 2:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bfc1912
    Been a customer for 6 years with various discounts. Been offered the following, so cancelled and awaiting offer on VIP.

Entertainment £20
    Sports pack £18
    Movies £11
    HD £1
    Kids £1

Box Sets £1

£52 in total
    • The_Racer
    • By The_Racer 6th Aug 19, 3:53 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    The_Racer
    Have been without Sky for about 18 months but thinking of getting it back.

Been offered:

£35 a month for Sky Sports, Cinema & Entertainment - 12 month contract. This is on my old box and dish not sky q.

Went live chat and this was the best possible deal with they have sent me several times in the post and by e-mail.

Is this the best deal possible ?
    • Weirdy
    • By Weirdy 6th Aug 19, 5:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weirdy
    Well, my 12 month contract is over (Sky+ box, Entertainment, Box Sets and HD for £20)
    I went on Messenger to the help desk and got offered the same for £21 per month for 18 months ...........
    I tried to get them to add a SIM only contract to make a bundle but they ignored it ....Didn't even mention it in fact...
    Cancelled contract as I've done before and will keep people informed of what happens
    • alkaty87
    • By alkaty87 9th Aug 19, 10:58 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    alkaty87
    Our 18 month discounted sky q deal just expired price went from £60 to £99 so went on chat on sat to cancel, first offer was £79 refused, couple of mins later next offer was £69 again refused, so went through with cancelation.
    After reading above posts typed in sky/mydeal, offer was entertainment £15 various other add ons, sports, cinema, box sets, hd, all came to £39 but no mention of sky q multiroom.
    Went back on to chat told them about offer and got all of the above with sky q muliroom for £52 with £10 admin fee on 18 month contract, happy days.
    • vanilla8
    • By vanilla8 10th Aug 19, 11:15 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 428 Thanks
    vanilla8
    Our 18 month discounted sky q deal just expired price went from £60 to £99 so went on chat on sat to cancel, first offer was £79 refused, couple of mins later next offer was £69 again refused, so went through with cancelation.
    After reading above posts typed in sky/mydeal, offer was entertainment £15 various other add ons, sports, cinema, box sets, hd, all came to £39 but no mention of sky q multiroom.
    Went back on to chat told them about offer and got all of the above with sky q muliroom for £52 with £10 admin fee on 18 month contract, happy days.
    Originally posted by alkaty87
    Think this is the standard offer now, we have been offered this (£39) plus paying £22 for fibre. Clicked through online to upgrade to Q and the 2Tb Mulitscreen would be +£13 a month
    • Pepperpotts
    • By Pepperpotts 13th Aug 19, 11:55 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pepperpotts
    Tried to cancel this morning
    I have tried to cancel my sky package this morning. I only have movies and Atlantic plus all the usual standard channels at £46 per month. I informed them that I am disabled and have been placed on Universal Credit and can no longer afford to have any sky package. According to their own website, early termination fees would be £14.92 per month until 31st December 2019 when I am out of contract.
    However I was told this was incorrect and my circumstances (ie. I was unhappy with the cost) did not allow me to cancel early.
    However they have reduced the monthly payment to £22 until the end of the contract which is great but still £22 that is difficult to find each month.
    And I will be unable to view anything in my planner once the downgrade comes into effect.
    Took an hour on the messaging part to be able to get this and just to get a date as to when I have to give my notice to cancel. So I guess I will be going through the whole process again.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 13th Aug 19, 12:17 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,548 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    I have tried to cancel my sky package this morning. I only have movies and Atlantic plus all the usual standard channels at £46 per month. I informed them that I am disabled and have been placed on Universal Credit and can no longer afford to have any sky package. According to their own website, early termination fees would be £14.92 per month until 31st December 2019 when I am out of contract.
    However I was told this was incorrect and my circumstances (ie. I was unhappy with the cost) did not allow me to cancel early.
    However they have reduced the monthly payment to £22 until the end of the contract which is great but still £22 that is difficult to find each month.
    And I will be unable to view anything in my planner once the downgrade comes into effect.
    Took an hour on the messaging part to be able to get this and just to get a date as to when I have to give my notice to cancel. So I guess I will be going through the whole process again.
    Originally posted by Pepperpotts
    You'll only lose access to anything recorded from the Movies channels and possibly Kids or the HD versions of some channels depending on what exactly you had and are now on.
    • Whussa29
    • By Whussa29 13th Aug 19, 6:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Whussa29
    Hi,

My current deal is

Basic sky channel
    Fibre broad brand
    Talk anytime
    For £73! It was £53 previously, but we still using old router and old sky box

New deal offered

Basic sky channels + sky entertainment
    Fibre broadband
    Talk anytime
    Sky Q box - 1tb
    New router
    For £48

Is this a good deal or could I get more from them??

Thanks
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Aug 19, 12:17 AM
    • 24,334 Posts
    • 13,836 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    £35 a month for Sky Sports, Cinema & Entertainment - 12 month contract. This is on my old box and dish not sky q.
    Originally posted by The_Racer
    Your box is now antiquated and more liable to failure, why would you therefore agree to a new 12 month contract on an old decoder?
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 14th Aug 19, 9:26 AM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    redmalc
    After one hour on the phone with Sky i have been offered Entertainment,Kids,Sports,Hd, Ultimate on demand with Netflix for £70 per month on an eighteen months contract and Sky Q been a customer for twenty years so the Sky Q box and Mini comes free, no idea but is that a good deal or not ?
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Aug 19, 9:31 AM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,548 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    After one hour on the phone with Sky i have been offered Entertainment,Kids,Sports,Hd, Ultimate on demand with Netflix for £70 per month on an eighteen months contract and Sky Q been a customer for twenty years so the Sky Q box and Mini comes free, no idea but is that a good deal or not ?
    Originally posted by redmalc
    Even with multi-room (do you actually need that?) it looks about £15 a month overpriced.
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 14th Aug 19, 10:20 AM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    redmalc
    colin i am not to savvy on this subject but we have a couple of tv,s upstairs and i have bben advised i will need Multiroom with SkyQ to get the pictures with the two mini boxes
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Aug 19, 2:26 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,548 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    colin i am not to savvy on this subject but we have a couple of tv,s upstairs and i have bben advised i will need Multiroom with SkyQ to get the pictures with the two mini boxes
    Originally posted by redmalc
    So you do need multi-room, however Sky Q multi-room only comes with one mini box, they usually charge £99 for the 2nd (I might be wrong about the amount as I've not checked for awhile). Has anyone mentioned a 2nd box and any potential charge?
    • antuk
    • By antuk 14th Aug 19, 3:44 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    antuk
    Has anyone managed to get a deal with an old (grandfathered) package?

Im on Sky Original with HD, Sky Q and Mulitroom

Sky insist they can only offer me a discount if I switch to the new package which would be Entertainment, HD, Sky F1 and Mulitroom.

This costs more (with discount) then my old package!

Anyone have anything similar and got a deal out of Sky?

Thanks!
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Aug 19, 3:55 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,548 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Has anyone managed to get a deal with an old (grandfathered) package?

Im on Sky Original with HD, Sky Q and Mulitroom

Sky insist they can only offer me a discount if I switch to the new package which would be Entertainment, HD, Sky F1 and Mulitroom.

This costs more (with discount) then my old package!

Anyone have anything similar and got a deal out of Sky?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by antuk
    Sky are determined to remove all of the legacy packages, just put your cancellation in and you'll beat whatever the price offered for the Original package is.
    • antuk
    • By antuk 14th Aug 19, 4:37 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    antuk
    Sky are determined to remove all of the legacy packages, just put your cancellation in and you'll beat whatever the price offered for the Original package is.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

Does the cancellation need to go through and they call back?

Ive got through to retentions and still no joy - but I stopped short of saying ok cancel my contract
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 14th Aug 19, 6:27 PM
    • 4,411 Posts
    • 2,548 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Does the cancellation need to go through and they call back?

Ive got through to retentions and still no joy - but I stopped short of saying ok cancel my contract
    Originally posted by antuk
    Nope, you just need to cancel. You can always stop it going through if necessary.
    • redmalc
    • By redmalc 14th Aug 19, 6:37 PM
    • 1,331 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    redmalc
    Colin thanks for your comments, recently my son moved house and the engineer offered him the extra mini boxes at £69,99 each and he also connected them to the tv,s
    • antuk
    • By antuk 14th Aug 19, 7:22 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    antuk
    Nope, you just need to cancel. You can always stop it going through if necessary.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

Ok so I cancel, do they call back at some point to offer a deal? Since they wouldnt budge when I got as far as cancelling and just stopped.

Or are you saying if I said ok go ahead and cancel a better deal would appear?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,915Posts Today

6,424Users online

Martin's Twitter