Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 12th Aug 19, 10:11 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Interparcel Courier threatening Court Action
    • 12th Aug 19, 10:11 PM
    Interparcel Courier threatening Court Action 12th Aug 19 at 10:11 PM
    Hi All,
    This is my first Post
    I Arranged Parcel to collect through Interparcel, all went ok - Parcel collected and delivered to my address but after few weeks received an email from revenue protection asking additional 206.69 mentioned that and asked for as :
    Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm.
    In order for us to log a dispute with the carrier please can you provide some evidence to support the dimensions you entered at the time of booking?
    Typically the kinds of evidence we can accept are:
    Photographs of the parcel with tape measure showing dimensions - Provided
    Document /official web page showing manufacturers specifications for contents
    Ebay listing page showing dimensions
    Invoice/packing slip clearly detailing the contents - Provided actual Label
    Please also advise how the item was packaged. ( Provided )
    despite provided all the evidence We asked the evidence from them but they never provide or prove any thing in the favour of above statement and mentioned that :
    I am writing to inform you that the carrier has reviewed the evidence provided relating to the size/weight of this shipment, unfortunately on this occasion the carrier has advised that the measurements provided on our invoice were correct and the consignment was larger than declared.In addition the carrier has also stated that, there is no picture to show the height of the item. Only the width and length.
    and today they threaten again as : We are disappointed to discover that, despite our recent correspondence, our records show the balance of 206.69 is still outstanding.

This is your final opportunity to settle this balance before we pass this matter over to our legal team who will determine whether it is in our interests to continue with legal action to recover this debt.

Again they never provided any evidence till yet just threatening and giving me stress

Note : I still have the empty box safe and all the evidences to show , Please advise your worthy advice to handle them - Thank you in Advance
Page 1
    • pramsay13
    • By pramsay13 12th Aug 19, 11:05 PM
    • 797 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    pramsay13
    • 12th Aug 19, 11:05 PM
    • 12th Aug 19, 11:05 PM
    My worthy advice is to do nothing and see if the legal team decide to continue with the legal action.
    If they do come back for advice.
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 12th Aug 19, 11:06 PM
    • 3,725 Posts
    • 2,425 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 12th Aug 19, 11:06 PM
    • 12th Aug 19, 11:06 PM
    Make sure you turn up in court on the due date, carrying the box with you. If you don't turn up, you will lose the case.

If they use a court near them, ask the court for the case to be transferred to one near you.

Keep records of any expenses you have incurred fighting the case.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 12th Aug 19, 11:18 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    • 12th Aug 19, 11:18 PM
    • 12th Aug 19, 11:18 PM
    Yes we have the box and all the record - thanks
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Aug 19, 6:00 AM
    • 13,555 Posts
    • 9,265 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Aug 19, 6:00 AM
    • 13th Aug 19, 6:00 AM
    It sounds like you contracted the courier and ALSO received the parcel. Could you clarify.
    • photome
    • By photome 13th Aug 19, 6:23 AM
    • 14,107 Posts
    • 9,622 Thanks
    photome
    • 13th Aug 19, 6:23 AM
    • 13th Aug 19, 6:23 AM
    what were the external measurements of the whole package including all packaging

thats quite a big difference.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 13th Aug 19, 7:24 AM
    • 7,540 Posts
    • 7,381 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 13th Aug 19, 7:24 AM
    • 13th Aug 19, 7:24 AM
    what were the external measurements of the whole package including all packaging

thats quite a big difference.
    Originally posted by photome
    That's what I wondered too. (Plus the same person being the sender and receiver of the parcel?) I wonder if the parcel was amortised onto a pallet with other parcels and the courier has used the top-most parcel as the reference for the whole pallet? (Or something similarly stupid).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Hunter Jaeger
    • By Hunter Jaeger 13th Aug 19, 7:51 AM
    • 176 Posts
    • 313 Thanks
    Hunter Jaeger
    • 13th Aug 19, 7:51 AM
    • 13th Aug 19, 7:51 AM
    What was the weight of the item?

What was the item?

The larger measurements suggest an oversize pallet (expensive) especially if heavy. Things like carpet and rubber matting are very expensive to courier.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 13th Aug 19, 8:42 AM
    • 6,880 Posts
    • 5,155 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 13th Aug 19, 8:42 AM
    • 13th Aug 19, 8:42 AM
    It sounds like you contracted the courier and ALSO received the parcel. Could you clarify.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Sounds like OP has bought something online and arranged his own courier to collect and deliver to him.?
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 13th Aug 19, 9:38 AM
    • 8,144 Posts
    • 8,338 Thanks
    eddddy
    Interpaercel is a 'middleman' that subcontracts the delivery to a courier firm from their list - and Interparcel are getting different stories from you and from the courier.

I think my slightly tongue-in-cheek reply to Interparcel might be.
    I'm sorry to hear that the courier is attempting to overcharge you for this parcel.

As this is a contractual dispute between you and the courier, I regret that I cannot get involved.

I would suggest that, in order to avoid the courier overcharging you in this matter, you should request evidence from them to support their claim about the parcel size.

Typically the kinds of evidence you should ask the courier for are:
    • Photographs of the parcel – with tape measure showing dimensions

I hope that you eventually resolve this dispute between you and your courier to your satisfaction.
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 13th Aug 19, 10:52 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Thank you for all above
    Replies To all :
    Yes I booked the collection by my own.
    Item : Boiler Part - weight approx 18 kgs I can lift by my hand despite having Back problem.
    Size different : yes that`s the point its much difference Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm ( Lolz I didnt booked the pallet its just medium size parcel )
    Weight approx 18 kgs -
    :
    I wrote to interparcel yesterday as :

Thank you for coming back to us.

First thing you should provide photographic evidence of the item showing wrong dimensions or wrong item was sent, as we have been asking you for long. However, every time you failed and never provided us any evidence. Although we helped you, by locating the box that was delivered on our place and provided you the dimensions of the box that are less than the originally booked dimensions. Now, despite many request we haven’t received any single evidence or photographic evidence from you.

Currently the member of our team who received the parcel initially is on holiday. On his return we will try our best to find the height of the parcel as requested in your previous email.
    We have all correspondence record with you, receipts, label we used and box to prove.
    Kindly without wasting each-other time I would suggest you ask your carrier to provide any proof to show the height or any other dimension was stated wrong by us.

Also, I noted the money you are claiming now, it is way more EXPENSIVE than the cost of a pallet to be collected / delivered. It’s really ridiculous to keep bothering us, as we are sure it’s your carrier mistake and they may be mixing items/parcel with our medium parcel.

Furthermore with respect to legal proceedings, we will forward the case to our legal department as well and they can discuss it further on the basis of EVIDENCES provided from both the parties. As court and solicitors look for evidences!

ANY FURTHER EMAILS WITHOUT EVIDENCE WILL BE CLASSED AS HARASSMENT AND BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.
    BR

Received their Reply today as :
    Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that we can of course re raise this with the carrier but we would need more detailed evidence as the carrier has requested.

Kind regards

---------------
    Still no evidence provided by them but keep asking me to provide Height ....
    am I being bit more honest to them ??? being stupid to replying them - please advise...

Sorry for long reply :
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 13th Aug 19, 11:00 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Item actual weight 10 kgs just checked emails received from Collection point .
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 14th Aug 19, 7:12 AM
    • 4,201 Posts
    • 5,599 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    As this is clearly a business transaction, just get your "legal department" to deal with it. You have no consumer rights, you have rights under the business contract.
    • snilloct1957
    • By snilloct1957 14th Aug 19, 7:31 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    snilloct1957
    You have done all that a reasonable person could do to resolve this matter. Wait for them to give you a reasonable reply and take it from there.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Aug 19, 8:40 AM
    • 62,453 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    Size different : yes that`s the point its much difference Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm ( Lolz I didnt booked the pallet its just medium size parcel )
    Weight approx 18 kgs -
    You mention your team so as above I am assuming this is a business transaction, if so I would be very careful. The bit I quoted above, can you elaborate on this ? You mention a box, then later mention a pallet - so what exactly arrived?

If your sender strapped this to a pallet then then whole thing needed to be measured and declared, even the size of the box you have seems to exceed a medium parcel- add a pallet to that and you are in quite serious size territory.

On the ebay forums we do have a number of threads about couriers charging extra for small differences, sometimes it is just the difference between a medium parcel of say 65 cms and an actual parcel of 60, sometimes it is on volumatic weight and size. Mostly the couriers don't chase for too long as the money involved is quite small and chasing a private individual for a few pounds is not worth it. However, depending on the situation here I would act with caution, and again as above, consider legal advice.

Also which courier did you choose? Interparcel offer you options but each courier offered has different rules re size and volume which they expect you to check before you confirm.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 14th Aug 19, 12:14 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    It was booked as private collection not as under my business name as its small part.
    Its Box not Pallet and came up in BOX .....I just gave as example to them that this is price of pallet collection no a box of 10-20kgs.

Yes being sensible I gave them information / evidence which I am not supposed to do as advised by above to ask for picture evidences first.

Now, if you read their last reply now they asking for the Height ....What should I do ? I already have entertain them enough and they are not providing a single proof.
    Thank you and apology if any confusion.
    • Purple_Rain
    • By Purple_Rain 14th Aug 19, 12:17 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Purple_Rain
    Its private individual .
    Courier was UPS from Interparcel
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Aug 19, 12:41 PM
    • 62,453 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    Currently the member of our team who received the parcel initially is on holiday. On his return we will try our best to find the height of the parcel as requested in your previous email.
    Although you used a private account this is clearly a business transaction and I think you will struggle to argue otherwise.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • custardy
    • By custardy 14th Aug 19, 12:59 PM
    • 34,654 Posts
    • 29,354 Thanks
    custardy
    Weight approx 18 kgs -
    :
    Originally posted by Purple_Rain
    So you are saying they are correct in the sizes they are disputing?
    • photome
    • By photome 14th Aug 19, 3:58 PM
    • 14,107 Posts
    • 9,622 Thanks
    photome
    I am confused
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

956Posts Today

6,760Users online

Martin's Twitter