PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th November 2019

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,776 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 November 2019 at 9:13PM
    Options
    I make excellent flapjack, postively luscious soup but fail utterly at Yorkshire Puddings and Toad in the Hole. Toad in the plank more like. DS's GF makes it in my oven with my dishes and it's fine. I assume it's an ethnicity thing. I'm Lancastrian by birth :rotfl:

Been working all day today. Nothing of any significance will be done tonight.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the lists. Manic Monday has followed Sleepless Sunday so I’m writing this evening off. Catching up on Masterchef in my pjs.
    Tomorrow’s lunch date with friends has been cancelled so it will be a day of flying and errand running. There - I’ve put it out there now so no excuses.
    Have a lovely evening all.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,425 Forumite
    Options
    Good progress has been made with flying and appointments today, but I still have quite a number of things left to do tomorrow:
    - dailies
    - send Toddler Group reminders
    - add TG and other events for the coming 2 months to FB page
    - sort and file papers and books in the study - some got done today
    - make a couple of phonecalls
    - chase up an email if it doesn't arrive by the morning
    - QHI
    - care home visit 11-12
    - DH to a railwayman's funeral at 12, so separate lunches
    - Rosie's walk after my lunch - earlier than usual because...
    - ...I'm trying out an exercise class later in the afternoon :eek:
    - study course in the evening, in Cathedral City, so about 45 minutes' drive each way.

The camels have been put back in my sewing box until later in the week :(
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    I make excellent flapjack, postively luscious soup but fail utterly at Yorkshire Puddings and Toad in the Hole. Toad in the plank more like. DS's GF makes it in my oven with my dishes and it's fine. I assume it's an ethnicity thing. I'm Lancastrian by birth :rotfl:

Been working all day today. Nothing of any significance will be done tonight.

My yorkshires are AAAAAASHMAZING!!!! I love making toads too..

My mother brought my washing back all nice and dry. It appears she has made a few steps in healing 10 year old wounds in the relationship with her siblings.. all over some rubbish my cousin said when drunk.. hopefully we can get back to being family because I missed them. I need my auntie to do New Year at her house and invite us all.. so, how do I make this happen?! Hhhmmm.... thinky think think....

DW done several times, Towels hung up to dry and heating on because it is blooming FREEZING!!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    Good evening :D
    Thanks for the thread :T

No work today, but haven’t achieved much! Apart from food shopping, and sorting some post that had been left in the hall, including a cheque from BG that I wasn’t expecting! Kerching! Now, what am I going to spend my £2.90 on (after I eventually get to town to pay it in!!) That’ll teach me not to cancel dd’s too quickly in future! :rotfl:

Tomorrow I have a surprise day off (until 3 anyway), as both of the littlies are not well so staying home. I need to make it count, so I need to drag my sorry backside out of bed a bit earlier than I did today, and make a list! I will report back in the morning. However, I have turned my alarm off.......:o;)

Nighty night all!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

Today I want to make some inroads on cleaning the kitchen, a bit more than s&s is needed but also need to fit in various appointments.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all,

It is raining cats and dogs here. We are all dressed and eating brekkie. DW to go on shortly as is WM (never did it last night). Everywhere looking presentable.

Have fab days all xx
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

It’s truly a pick and mix day today. Like Jazee, I need to make inroads in the kitchen first. Kicking myself into action as I could easily find a comfy chair and go back to sleep. Deep heat spray on my shoulder as I seem to have done something to it - just possibly lifting heavy garden pots on Sunday afternoon :o.
    Towels are in the wm. The dw is running a deep clean. The microwave is next on the list.
    Have a lovely day all. Back later.
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 November 2019 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Good morning :D
    I am up, dressed and had breakfast! :j

The DW was put on by DH before he went to work, and I have put a hot wash in the WM, so that will be swishing for a while. Bank accounts checked, and an idea for DD2 for Christmas has been looked at and checked with her BF. I now need to make a list and start working through it! I may add my list in a bit, to make me accountable!

Have a good day everyone :)

Edited to add list:
    (it's a big list - some will not get done today!!)
    • [STRIKE]empty DW[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]wash up[/STRIKE]
    • clear coffee table
    • [STRIKE]shredding[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]top up compost - check temp[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]wash towels - in WM now[/STRIKE]
    • book boiler service
    • get quote for cleaning carpets
    • make Christmas list - who & what 'who' done
    • clear paper from DR table
    • clear top of printer
    • file children's pictures in their folders
    • [STRIKE]clean utility[/STRIKE]
    • clean bathroom
    • [STRIKE]clean kitchen[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]clean DR floor[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]clean hall floor[/STRIKE]
    • clean kitchen floor
    • clean bathroom cabinet
    • clear chair in bedroom
    • clear out clothes I don't wear
    • [STRIKE]handwash dress[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]walk dog[/STRIKE]

Ok - I think I need to put on some upbeat music and get on with it!! I will update in a while, and hopefully cross some stuff off!!
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Dailies are done, dogs are walked and the one wash load of the day is now on the airer. Just having a cuppa then I'm taking Littleydog for her booster. I've done my physio exercises too.
    Spend less now, work less later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport