Nespresso vent

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    All electrical products you buy from us are guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years, at no extra cost.
    What do I do if I have a faulty electrical item?
    Please call our Technical Support helpline on 0330 123 0106 from 8am - 9pm weekdays, 8am - 8pm Saturdays and 10am - 6pm Sundays.
    Please have your model number to hand when you call.
    For all other faulty items, please call Customer Services on 03456 049 049 and have your order confirmation number to hand, or visit your nearest shop.
    JL told us they will get Nespresso to honour their guarantee. We left the machine with JL for pick up and repair / replacement by Nespresso.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    missile wrote: »
    JL told us they will get Nespresso to honour their guarantee. We left the machine with JL for pick up and repair / replacement by Nespresso.

That isn't the warranty, that is about the warranty.

A day or two after your order, your warranty info would have been emailed to you (if it was the JL warranty).

JL offer either their own or a manufacturers warranty - I CBA to look on the website to see which it is for this type of purchase, but it will be there. Either way, if JL are dealing with it now then hopefully it will be resolved.

What you have to remember is that a warranty/guarantee can have whatever terms they want. If they say that you have to deliver the item whilst standing on one leg and your hand on your head, then those are the terms.......
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sometimes you have to want to solve a problem..
  • missile
    edited 13 August 2018 at 1:36AM
    Please be advised, I posted the info from JL web site. This is the text from JL e mail.
    Guarantee details for your new product

Dear *******

Thank you for shopping with John Lewis. The following products are covered by our guarantee from the date detailed below:
    Description
    Term in Years 3
    Cost £0.00
    Contract Number ********
    Date Effective 22/01/18
    Nespresso Vertuo Plus Coffee Machine by Krups, Piano Black

Our guarantee provides:

A repair service in the event of breakdown of any functioning part of your product, for the period stated above

Repair services provided by authorised service technicians

If we can't repair your item, we'll replace it with an item of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available we'll discuss an alternative settlement with you, and we'll always do our best to make sure that you're satisfied with the outcome

Occasionally, we may ask you to pay for the repair and claim the cost of the repair from us

Our guarantee excludes:

Repairs due to breakdown caused by use other than domestic by you or your household

Deliberate damage to or neglect of the product or failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines

Consumer replaceable items including, but not limited to, batteries, light bulbs and other consumables

Cosmetic damage and/or non-functional parts which do not affect the normal use of the product including cabinet trim, scratches and rust

The unblocking of drainage channels in refrigeration products

Work relating to a manufacturer's recall of the product

Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product or any loss other than the repair or the replacement cost of the product

Frozen food loss as a result of the product breaking down

Accidental damage, servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the insured product

Failure to follow manufacturers instructions and/or installation guidelines

Deliberate demage or neglect of the unused product

Please note we reserve the right to charge for the expense of a service call when no fault has been found with the product on inspection

Claiming on your guarantee:

If your product develops a fault:

Look for any obvious reasons for the breakdown and consult the troubleshooting guide in the manufacturer's handbook or on their website

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our technical support team who will be happy to help.

Call 0330 123 0106, 8am - 9pm weekdays, 8am - 8pm Saturdays and 10am - 6pm Sundays

Please have your model number and date of purchase to hand when you call. You'll find all of this information on your original receipt !!!8211; this acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you keep it safe

We hope you enjoy using your new appliance. Thank you for shopping with John Lewis.

Customer Services
    John Lewis
    We took it into the store and JL Tech Services verified the issue as described in post#1. JL agreed Nespresso should collect from the store, repair or replace.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    NCC-1701 wrote: »
    With my advancing years I never get angry nowadays...it's really pointless.

I'm the opposite, there are so many more things to be angry about!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Please be advised, I posted the info from JL web site. This is the text from JL e mail.

We took it into the store and JL Tech Services verified the issue as described in post#1. JL agreed Nespresso should collect from the store, repair or replace.

Well Im sure they would. However your warranty is with JL,not Nespresso
  • missile
    custardy wrote: »
    Well Im sure they would. However your warranty is with JL,not Nespresso

That is why I took it to JL :j
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    That is why I took it to JL :j

yup,so its for them to arrange repair/replace.
    not to tell you what Nespresso should do
  • missile
    Thanks guys, I feel confident JL will arrange repair or replacement.

I was just venting my frustration at the response from Nespresso CS. They have subsequently sent me an e mail which states they have checked their records and can find no purchase on THIS account for descaler.
    I can see that no Nespresso descaler was purchased linked to your account
    The inference being that I have been less than honest? :mad:
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you have to use Nescaff descaler with the machine ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure