Prince2 E-learning

Options
Hi All,

Presently reading Prince2 study guide by David Hinde, I'm also thinking of doing a QA online course to do the foundation and practitioner exam. I wanted to know if anyone has used online training from QA and was it worth it?

Comments

• Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know who QA are but what sort of job are looking to do with the qualification? My experience is that PRINCE2 has got out of fashion in many industries in favour of more agile methodologies but it still lingers around in the public sector.
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    QA are one of the biggest training providers in the IT world. I've not done any of their online training though.

But as said, unless its a specific requirement for a job, it may have limited use.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    QA have been around for a long time, so I would expect their offerings to be to the required standard, but I can't comment on this particular offering.

When I did my PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner courses & exams, I did them in a classroom setting and found that very beneficial. (Fortunately, I didn't pay for them!)
  • Minda74
    Minda74 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 August 2018 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Hi all, its a requirement for my job, they have asked me to put a business case forward, i have been told that they will ask me to do my certificate with e-careers. Which I'm not sure about? I have decided to do the course myself. I'm struggling with is to do the course and exam online or do blended (Foundation on-line and Practitioner in a classroom) There is £400 difference if I do it on-line than partial online and classroom? I have heard that the practitioner exam is tough.
  • jonnygee2
    jonnygee2 Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    its a requirement for my job, they have asked me to put a business case forward

That's going to be a very short business case, surely? 'The business justification for me doing this course is that you made it a requirement!'.

As others have said, Prince2 is very outdated and the methodolgy/learnings are unlikely to be useful in most business environments. It is used in the public sector, though, and still in some companies (apparently, including yours).

E-learning vs classroom just depends on your learning style. I prefer classroom learning myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure