IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cel - ccj

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    get that info from the dvla first , find out the date they got info , , you can then send an email to the dvla who will update you on V5 address change
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Myshkin3
    Myshkin3 Posts: 12
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you

If it turns out I hadn’t updated the address when the PCN was issued, do I have no case ? The ccj was issued 2.5 years on - it’s crazy that they can’t do an address check on you using the electoral roll.

If I’d have received the court documents I would have paid it just to avoid any sort of CCJ and negative affect on my credit file.

Would you recommend using the template from other threads ?
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    this is the thing

parking/dvla rules set a max time to get info and once only , parking cos lovev c to give defaults , no fighting or court costs , get away with asking figues a judge would laugh oujt of court ,

very often this is "credit clamping" , where wiythin a few days of the CCJ , the misteriously can find you!

then its a case of pay us £1000000000000 or whatever and we will mark it as satisfied

very complex , get the DVLA datea then we can proceed
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Myshkin3
    Myshkin3 Posts: 12
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I’ll enail DVLA first thing tomorrow, cheers.

Should I try and contact CEL to see if they’d allow me to pay to remove the CCJ or is that just a no no ?
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    they will allow you to pay full cost + a court fee , but it would only be classed as satisfied , so still on your record

await DVLA , then if people think good chance based on info , you will get good help
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Myshkin3 wrote: »
    Should I try and contact CEL to see if they’d allow me to pay to remove the CCJ or is that just a no no ?
    It's a no-no, completely. Posters have made that mistake with CEL before.
    If it turns out I hadn’t updated the address when the PCN was issued, do I have no case ?
    Not at all!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If they havent had contact in 2 odd years, then you have a set aside on the basis of no good service.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Myshkin3 wrote: »
    I’ll enail DVLA first thing tomorrow, cheers.

the letter to the DVLA has to be a letter , not an email , with your signiture on it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Thanks for your comment.

Do you mean that they haven't followed good service by trying to locate an up to date address?
  • Hi - they are corresponding on email interestingly enough. I'll see if they release information without a signed letter and let you know
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure