Time to mend and make do, beg, borrow and barter.

Options

Comments

• fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    <subscribes to new diary>
    <Scuttles back under the secret biscuit tin no one notices>
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Pippi!
    I've been away a long time but hoping to refresh my learning as i have fallen into bad habits! Lovely to see so many familiar names!
    Have subscribed and look forward to your new adventures...
    urg x x
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 27 December 2017 at 3:39PM
    Options
    Hey lovely folks happy xmas and hope the holidays have been good. Mega snowy here!
    Im off for a catch up!

Xoxo
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 27 December 2017 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Hey hello to some lovely familiar faces! How lovely to *see* you.

Holibubs going well. Money lasting well as we have a great wee apartment with ample space to cook.

Local supermarket has some great bargains, they seem to reduce by 50% (sticker says 'stop the waste') so weve been improvising.

We have got a revolut card - DS suggested it. Its linked to my phone and we preloaded cash on ut. No transaction fees in most countries and exchange rate is very good. Really handy for travelling.

Spends pretty good and loving the real time update from the card on the app. Its almost instaentaneous.

V helpful.

Caught up with ds for a quick coffee four valleys over. Delivered his revulut card and some chrimbo pressies. Big cuddle too. Hes loving his job.

Good value on lift pass as up and out from 8am til dark o clock. Did i mention its like boot camp?

Stores surviving well. Glad we packed some extra bits.

Not done much apres as we dont drink and soft drinks seem more expensive than alcoholic ones, so weve had a wee after ski drink at home. Very mse! Taken in the views.

Taken a real shine to the village bakery so i stocked up the secret biscuit tin in here too.

Hope you enjoy a wee cheeky pattisere.

Xoxo
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Ay up lovely - was thinking of you on Chrimbo day - wasn't sure which area of the mountainous bit you'd gone to, and over which side of the border, but saw a headline about folk stranded on a ski lift - hoped v much it wasn't you and that you weren't dangling in mid-air, rather than spending time going whooosh! down an incline :D

All sounding good on the budget front - bravo! How great that you've space in the apartment to cook and that you thought to pack bits from blighty. 'Stop the waste' indeed! Hope there are all the ingredients for a feast :D

Keep having fun and stay safe.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    <skooches over to make room for patisseries>
    <mmmm, warm baked goods>
    Think you might be over the luggage allowance coming back. Apologies.
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Aw Greying, how kind of you to spot me dangling! Its my usual exiting luft finesse i habe to say. All good here its -10, a wee bit brisk, but gorgeous. Lucky for us this apartment is really well equipped, so cooking is easy. Sometimes its harder with lack of stuff, but this is a good un. Monseuir is gorging on crepes made up a big mix at the start of the week with flour from old blighty. Seem to have got some quantities right. :) hope your festives are jolly fun!

Fannyadams between the pattiserre and the tartiflette, i fear im also over the baggage allowance!

Speaking of tartiflette (potato, cheese, lardon onion and cream dish) im making my own for tea. 29 cents for a tattie, 37 for an onion, its likely a wee bit cheaper than out (€22ish), but it will be gorgeous. Minus the lardons, its *almost* healthy.

*coughs*

Urg i hope youre well. And starnac cwitch those bairns for me.

Blinder of a day here. Been putting some spare oats out for the birds so enjoying watching them flit from balcony to tree. Saw snow buntings yesterday. So beautiful.

Arranged for visitors to bring tea on saturday and sunday breakfast. Felt a but cheeky, but they did ask what to bring. Ive got enough in freezer for the rest of their stay.

Wee mams treatment didnt go to plan today, rescheduled for early jan when im home. In a wee way im releaved as ive not missed any so far, my bro was taking her today.

Whilst i know theyd be grand id rather be there tbh.

Xoxo
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Odd message from work saying theyd paid me a bonus. Yay
    But they shouldnt have.
    Boo.

So pay is up but i need pay bonus back.
    Double boo.

I was feeling fine until i.knew about bonuses. Unsure why ive not got one....

:(
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :hello:

Always think of you at this time of year :) (and other times too of course!) :D

Sorry to hear your mum's treatment didn't go ahead as planned, but it sounds like you'd rater be there yourself so perhaps a blessing in disguise. Fingers crossed all round.

Most weird on the bonus front. And yes - why have you not got one?! Perhaps yours should have been twice as big! :D Hope you get some answers (and a proper bonus!)

Mmmmmm, pancakes :j :j
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Pancakes always remind me of you cheery and that pancake maker.

Senior pup is enjoying more treats that are good for him, but is also in v good form.

I hope youre having fun? Last one in the old house.....

Tbh id rather be with mum not that siblings arent capable.

Bonus is a bit odd. But we are transferring to charity later next year so will investigate. My boss has been awol for three months last year, ive always put my heart and soul in. And this year, quite frankly i could do with the extra.

Weve been considering airbb or something for our front bedroom.....must investigate now the car park it free too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business